CA Service Management

• 1.  Request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.

Posted May 29, 2017 12:26 PM

Hi guys!!

First of all, I know that this modification is not endorsed by CA, but I wonder if anyone has ever had to do something like that.

The CA SDM, Catalog, and USS are installed and integrated in my client environment.

My customer needs that the request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.

My question is actually whether it would be possible, for example, to replace the value of the catalog ticket number displayed in USS with the number of the open ticket in the SDM, since the number of the open request in the SDM is displayed as soon as the request is opened by the USS (as replace the value of one attribute with another, for example).

I did some research and I even managed to find some attributes that are being called by the USS from the Catalog.

I am thinking of replacing the value of the ticket of the catalog displayed in USS with the value of the request created in SDM.

Has anyone ever had to do something like that?

• 2.  Re: Request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.

Posted May 29, 2017 12:33 PM

In request_edit.xml file on Catalog server, for example, i can make some text modifications, but I can not find the attribute that displays the catalog ID number and SDM ref_num.

• 3.  Re: Request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.

Posted Jun 05, 2017 03:28 PM

I wonder if this is actually possible because you still generate a Service Catalog request before it gets sent via call to SDM. Then SDM responds with it's own request number to SC and that gets displayed to the user in USS along with the SDM ticket getting updated with the SC ticket number. If you were to modify the database to show the SDM request number you may end up breaking something.

• 4.  Re: Request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 05, 2017 03:38 PM

Hi David, 

This really makes sense.

Anyway, I had to deliver the solution without modifying the ID's as requested by the customer.

In my searches I was able to identify the attribute that is called by the USS from the Catalog with the ID of the ticket, I will still keep messing with some of the Service Catalog javascripts to see what I can get.

But I ended up delivering the solution to my client without this customization.

• 5.  Re: Request ID displayed on the USS to be the same number as the open request on SDM.

Posted Aug 21, 2017 02:01 AM

hi , 

did you manage to customise the ticket number?