CA Service Management

• 1.  How we can set priority level from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 30, 2017 06:48 AM

Hi,

we required priority level from 1 to 3, none ...instead of 1-5. how we can set priority  level 1 to 3 for all access type and contacts.

RA

• 2.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 03:19 PM

It is currently not supported to add or remove priority values within CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) as it would cause problems with the priority calculation functionality.  

• 3.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 30, 2017 09:18 PM

Hello Ravi,

These knowledge documents address suppressing display of Priorities, without actually removing them from the Priority table. 

How to mask out Priority values in Service Desk

How do I hide CA Service Desk Manager (CA SDM) priority values that my organization does not use?

These cover both supported methods - such as the EmpPrio variable which suppresses display of some Priority values for Employees - and site owned customisations methods such as modification of source code through Web Screen Painter.

Paul's warning about adding or removing rows from the Priority table is bang on though - don't do that.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 01:01 PM

Hi.

as per knowledge base i perform the steps .But still priority ,4,5 not hided from all users.

Still visible from 1 to 5 in priority option for all users.

Rav

• 5.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 03:30 AM

How we can set priority levels from 1 to 3 in "list_cr.htmpl"

• 6.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 08:14 AM

Hi Ravi,

I am not sure what you are asking here regarding how to set priority levels from 1 to 3 in list_cr.htmpl.  That for is a list form which is used for searching request tickets and showing the results in a list.  I am not sure what you mean by "set priority levels" in that form.  Can you clarify?

The replies from both Paul and Kyle are correct here.  We do not support the removal of priority values, however, the documents provided by Kyle do tell you how to hide them so that end users and/or analysts cannot see the ones that you want to block.

Please review the documents provided and let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 01:02 PM

Hi Ravi,

You are typically trying to hide the values from the search screen. So the first tech (TEC1213381) mentioned by Kyle seems more appropriate. Have you tried that? If yes, what issues did you face?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 8.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 01:30 PM

Hi,

also followed same steps mentioned in TECH 1213381. Still Priority 4 and 5 visible for all users.

• 9.  Re: How we can set priority letvel from 1- 5  to 1-3.none.

Posted May 31, 2017 05:38 PM

Ravi,

Did you try using a "view" data partition constraint on the Pri table?  You should be able to restrict the priority values that can be viewed by users by using a data partition constraint on the data partition for the roles for which you want to restrict these values.

Thanks

Jon