Clarity

• 1.  "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 05:35 AM

When I run the admin warmup command it is picking up a default URL from somewhere - does anyone know where that is?

(I know I can override the URL by specifying it as a parameter to the comment (-url), just curious where the default is held)

Don't think its in the "warmupRequests.xml" file as that does not seem to contain a URL (unless its picking up a different XML file to the one I think its picking up!  )

• 2.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 09:23 AM

Once a colleague told me
    Warmup is part of the ‘nikuadmin’ command line functionality. It takes an xml file as a parameter. Example of such file is available in %niku_root%\.setup\templates\config\warmupRequests.xml.

• 3.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 09:58 AM

^ thats what is confusing me, as I said it does not appear to be using the warmupRequests.xml file in my config directory (since I change the username in that file (just as a test) and it still says logging in as 'admin'). 

Its no big problem of course, just a curiosity.

• 4.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 10:17 AM

It defaults to localhost -- or a least that what the help says.

V/r,

Gene

• 5.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 10:22 AM

How do you guys find warmup in help and in documentation?

A follow up question

The admin command used to be in the Installation guide in System Administration

Is that currently anywhere in documentation? I (again) can't find it with search nor manually browsing.

• 6.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 10:29 AM

Can still find the 'admin' command in the docs, eg https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/administration/csa-ca-ppm-system-administration/csa-service-and-admin-command-line-… 

but not the warmup option, perhaps its been deprecated.

• 7.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 10:24 AM

Yeah, but mine defaults to localhost plus a non-standard port (one I possibly specified when I did the install) and now I've changed that port and I dunno how to fix my admin command (well, apart from just specifying the URL on the command line).

(still not concerned, just curious )

• 8.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2017 10:30 AM

Command line help.

Digging a little deeper / playing around, I think the port come from the app server id configured in the properties.xml

V/r,

Gene

• 9.  Re: "admin warmup" - where is it getting defaults from?

Posted May 30, 2017 10:40 AM

Yeah OK convinced myself its picking up the port from properties.xml at least and perhaps the localhost is just what it does.

I can live with that - ta.