Service Virtualization

• 1.  VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted May 30, 2017 06:57 AM

Hello Experts, Can you please help me in understanding why the Virtual Service is going down when there are no incoming request? How do we prevent the VS going offline even if there are no requests coming in?

• 2.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 12:59 PM

Are you seeing any errors in the vse logs ?  do you have any  socket timeout  properties configured in your local.properties file ?  

• 3.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted May 30, 2017 03:59 PM

+

Is this only for "no incoming request" SV in VSE or all?  And how long the shows running mode status or  what's status for those SV in VSE? 

Ideally any SV running in VSE should not impacted whether request is coming or not for any deployed VS. 

Thanks, 

• 4.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 03:13 PM

If this is happening with only one particular Virtual Service, is it possible for you to share the VSI/VSM for analysis.

• 5.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:13 AM

Hi Javed, it is unpredictable. I deployed 19 VS and it is quite happening frequently on any of the virtual services. I am using data-driven virtualization on REST APIs.

• 6.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted May 31, 2017 04:20 PM

What protocol is this service using? 

Are you implementing any customizations (such as the VSM has a Step prior to the Listen Step, a Scriptable DPH, Scripted Assertion, etc) in the Listen Step?

One thought is that the VSM is encountering an error when the service is loading/registering into VSE.  For example, if this is an MQ or JMS service, perhaps there is an issue connecting to the JMS Provider.

The second thought would be if there is some type of port scanning software hitting the endpoint port where the service is listening. In this case, you will usually see some unexplained entries in the Inspection View such as malformed URLs, SQL injections, attempts to access a root account, etc. 

You may see an error if you add the min / max port properties in the properties file and your deployment port is outside the min/max range. Likely not an issue unless you intentionally modified these settings.

• 7.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:11 AM

Hi Joel, 

Yes. There is an assertion in the Listen step to test the request header to check if it matches the regular expression. If the expression does not match, it is giving "no incoming request found". Of late, I noticed that even if the key matches, it is saying "no incoming request found" but in Inspection view, I could see it is showing the following error in VS image response selection step. Hence, I removed the assertion and redeployed the VS without the assertion, still I see the same error messages. Can you please help me to resolve? It is quite urgent and important.

Error:

============================================================================
    | java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@4d2d4ea8 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@79f815ac[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 1]
    | Step: VS Image Response Selection
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Message: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@4d2d4ea8 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@79f815ac[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 1]
    | Trapped Exception: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@4d2d4ea8 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@79f815ac[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 1]
    | Trapped Message: java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@4d2d4ea8 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@79f815ac[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 1]
    STACK TRACE
    java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.FutureTask@4d2d4ea8 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@79f815ac[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 1]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2047)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:823)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1369)
    at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134)
    at com.ca.sv.dataset.client.DataSetClientRestImpl.retrieveMatchingRowFromDataSetClient(DataSetClientRestImpl.java:304)
    at com.ca.sv.dataset.client.DataSetClientRestImpl.findMatchingRow(DataSetClientRestImpl.java:262)
    at com.itko.lisa.vse.stateful.DataDrivenTransactionNavigator.findMatchingTransaction(DataDrivenTransactionNavigator.java:71)
    at com.itko.lisa.vse.stateful.TransactionNavigator.getRespondingTransaction(TransactionNavigator.java:477)
    at com.itko.lisa.vse.stateful.TransactionNavigator.getStatelessResponses(TransactionNavigator.java:630)
    at com.itko.lisa.vse.stateful.ConversationalStep.execute(ConversationalStep.java:518)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestNode.executeNode(TestNode.java:981)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.execute(TestCase.java:1288)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.execute(TestCase.java:1203)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.executeNextNode(TestCase.java:1188)
    at com.itko.lisa.test.TestCase.executeTest(TestCase.java:1129)
    at com.itko.lisa.coordinator.Instance.run(Instance.java:204)

• 8.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests

Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:15 AM

FYI. I am using REST protocol and virtualized APIs with data-driven approach.

• 9.  Re: VS going offline if there are no incoming requests
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:17 PM

This issue was resolved with the support ticket 00763164.