Clarity

• 1.  Can you Uncheck Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans?

Posted May 30, 2017 02:34 PM

In v15.2, when you convert an Idea to a Project, the  "Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans" box is checked by default. Is there a way to set the default to unchecked?

• 2.  Re: Can you Uncheck Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 04:15 PM

Hi Colum,

Reading through the User Manual, item 4. of the "Converting an Idea to an Investment" section on this page states that these boxes are checked by default OOTB, and that you will need to clear these boxes manually so that the budget information is not copied from the Idea when its converted to a project.

I checked in studio if there is a way to change this default, OOTB behavior, but could not find a solution. Perhaps another technician is aware of a method for achieving this outcome? Maybe this can be achieved with BPM, not sure...

• 3.  Re: Can you Uncheck Copy Financial Properties and Financial Plans?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 30, 2017 07:21 PM

Hi Colum,

This part of the application page cannot be modified from the studio - its coded internally. 

However if you are using a custom process, we have added the 2 fields in the system action in 'Convert Idea to Project' which should allow you to check/uncheck the fields.

I haven't tested this out personally but let me know if you face any issues. 

Thanks,

Jerin