Release Automation

• 1.  You cannot delete a server that is being used by Release Center artifacts

Posted May 31, 2017 02:02 AM

Hi,

I'm getting the message in the title when trying to delete an offline agent.

I already removed all the defintions and artifact version via RoC that are listed, still getting the error.

How can I get the server out of the system?

thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: You cannot delete a server that is being used by Release Center artifacts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi Michael,

When you delete artifact definitions/versions they are archived rather than really deleted. I suppose that is why the error message persists. I suggest to unassign the agent from the servertype that the artifact definition is mapped to. Do this for all applications. Then try to delete the server again. Hope this helps.

regards,

Leo

• 3.  Re: You cannot delete a server that is being used by Release Center artifacts

Posted May 31, 2017 07:48 AM

Hey Leo,

nope, that didn't help.

The agent was still assigned, but not in projects that are listed for the artifact issue. I still unassgined him everywhere. still getting the error.

I could try deleting the applications, as it is only our dev and not really used. this should clear all relations. would prefer not doing it though.

thanks,

Michael

• 4.  Re: You cannot delete a server that is being used by Release Center artifacts

Posted May 31, 2017 08:00 AM

as expected, deleting an application clears everything. i just removed one where I know for sure, we will never need it again. the second one is a 50/50, might be required, might be not.

so, if anyone has an idea how I can clean this mess up in the database, please let me know, because it seems like it doesn't work with the UI

• 5.  Re: You cannot delete a server that is being used by Release Center artifacts
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2017 08:09 AM

ok, got it. this helped: Release Automation KB: Cannot Remove Agent