Service Virtualization

• 1.  Different ways to create a vitual service

Posted May 31, 2017 03:25 AM

Hi,
    Could any one help me to understand, why CA LISA are having different ways to create a virtual services like recording, RR pair, WSDL, swagger, etc..

can anyone tell me when to use these different ways and on what kind of scenario we should approach to it.

E.g: if we have stable application then we usually go for recording mode to create a virtual service and also for our regressing testing

Appreciate your Help...

• 2.  Re: Different ways to create a vitual service
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 04:04 AM

Hi Sayyad,

Depending upon your requirement, you can choose option of creating virtual service either by using Recording/RRpair/WSDL/Swagger.

Assume that, my back end application is running fine and If you want to create virtual service, the easiest approach is by recording.

If I don't have any backend application available (or it has occupied with some other project) and you want to create a virtual service based on request & response details, then go with an option of create service with RR pair.

If you have a wsdl or swagger handy with you (either wsdl file or url) and assume you have many options inside that wsdl which you want to virtualize, in that case the easiest way is to create service using WSDL.

So, you choose which option is easier for your requirement and create virtual service. Hope this helps your query.

Thanks

Srikanth

• 3.  Re: Different ways to create a vitual service

Posted May 31, 2017 04:42 AM

Devtest support different business cases and availability of applications/components to provide various ways to create Virtual services.  SV developer should go with one most suitable  on his/her case.

Below are high level cases.  

RR Pair: If application already exist in production and services transaction can captured then we can go for recording method. Many time you would get your software app Dev or support or QA team share you RR pairs and might ask you to provide VS . other cases like 1- production issue which captured log of xml/json and that available to reproduce prod issue. 2- All application i.e. UI and other component not yet ready 

WSDL/WADL - When details level service request /response may not ready yet , so you sing this method we can proceed and provide VS to dev or other to consume and proceed their work.  other cases - its third party and they might share WSDL only as their process. 

Swagger - This started recently and capture both service and document details. In case this available we can proceed and create VS . it just depend on what is ready from Dev side. I remember one of my client only send Swagger details to all their business partner to consume services.  

Other like Scratch and Layer7 etc were very less use as there business cases less compare to above. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Rajesh k Singh

• 4.  Re: Different ways to create a vitual service

Posted Jun 01, 2017 02:54 PM

Thank you guys for making me understand, but now I am stuck in one scenario, please suggest

I am having 3 application namely A, B and C and all I know is these applications are GUI based and C application is often down , so here how can I go for virtualization

what approach should I opt

appreciate your suggestions

• 5.  Re: Different ways to create a vitual service

Posted Jun 28, 2017 04:34 PM

Since your original question was already answered, I recommend that you start a new thread for your new question (assuming you are still stuck).