Layer7 API Management

• 1.  return a response with headers immediatelly

Posted May 31, 2017 09:52 AM

Hi,

I have the same requirements like in this question here Post Processing logic in CA API Gateway (return a response immediatelly and process some other policies afterwards).

I also use the 'Return Template Response to Requestor' assertion but additionally I have response headers which must be sent back (for example Set-Cookie ).

How can I add these headers to the 'Return Template Response to Requestor' assertion?

Kind regards,

Andi

• 2.  Re: return a response with headers immediatelly

Posted May 31, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Andi,

You can try adding Transport Layer context variables from the documentation link : Transport Layer Context Variables - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

- Provida

• 3.  Re: return a response with headers immediatelly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 09:59 AM

Hi Andi,

If the 'send immediately' box is checked on the return template assertion it will ignore any header you wish to be added to the response. We currently have a feature request open to change this.

Regards,

Joe

• 4.  Re: return a response with headers immediatelly

Posted Feb 24, 2018 11:49 AM

How can I add header information when enable send immediately.

I have similar use case like send response error message with header information when validation failed and stop teh processes.. 

• 5.  Re: return a response with headers immediatelly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi Sreekanth,

This is not currently possible. We do have a feature request open for a future release.

CA API Management: Unable to return custom headers - CA Knowledge 

Regards,

Joe

• 6.  Re: return a response with headers immediatelly

Posted Nov 27, 2018 12:43 PM

Hi Joe,

I have verified 9.4 but looks like this feature is not enabled yet. The send immediately help us for A-sync process. Can you please let us know, in which release can expect this functionality.

Thanks,

Sreekanth