CA Service Management

• 1.  How to send notification when only the description has been filled

Posted May 31, 2017 04:22 PM

Hi all,

For default, every alter status, SDM send a notification, informing that the status of the tickets has changed. But, We want to send notification only when the the descrition field in status update (alg.descrition) is filled. See below:

status update screen

For that I have created an atomic condition for the field alg.description but the error occurred. See below:

error screen create atomic condition

Translating the error message: The attribute 'Log Description' has an invalid value 'alg.description'

Follow the screen that I have created the attribute 'Log Description':

Activity association type

Anyone knows how could I configure a notification condition to send when only the field alg.description is filled?

Regards,

Felipe Nunes

• 2.  Re: How to send notification when only the description has been filled

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2017 04:54 PM

Felipe, maybe you can consider making the form field mandatory? That is, add "make_required=yes" to the "<PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="User Description" ..." macro? This way when an analyst updates a status

he/she would have to fill in this user description field and then you simply use "update status" activity notification to send the notification. A quick thought here for your consideration. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: How to send notification when only the description has been filled

Posted Jun 01, 2017 08:40 AM

Hi Chi,

Thank you for your reply.

But not always when we have a status update, fills the description field is mandatory.

For exemple, in our process, from status "New" to "Cofirmed", the description field isn't mandatory. Then, the notification should not be sent. But if the description field is filled, in the same update status, new to confirmed, the notification must be sent. That's why we are trying to create this condition for notifications.

Have I explained that okay?

Regards,
    Felipe Nunes

• 4.  Re: How to send notification when only the description has been filled

Posted Jun 01, 2017 10:16 AM

Hi Felipe,

Maybe you should reconsider the approach slightly...i.e. decide on which transitions that the comment is absolutely necessary and make the comment mandatory. For the rest just leave them out and not send anything at all?

Kind Regards,

Brian