DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Posted May 17, 2017 04:27 PM

jakbutler

I have a very similar question.

java default agent for webMethods Integration Server v10.1

webMethods Integration Server v9.5

RHEL 6.x

I have not made any changes to any of the pbd/pbl files. But instead I've added the following properties (at the end) in .profile:

com.wily.introscope.agent.soapheaderread.enabled=false
    com.wily.introscope.agent.soapheaderinsertion.enabled=false
    com.wily.introscope.agent.httpheaderread.enabled=true
    com.wily.introscope.agent.httpheaderinsertion.enabled=true

After restarting the wMIS and checking with other apps that are integrated with wMIS, the other app is still seeing "CorID":

POST /TotalAgility/Services/Sdk/JobService.svc HTTP/1.1
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 [en] (WinNT; I)
    Accept: image/gif, */*
    Host: *********

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
    SOAPAction: "http://www.xxxxx.com/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/IJobService/CreateJobWithDocuments"

CorID:

0CE1ABC50A485E251477696B14E03026,1:1,0,1,txanunxlbapd011|webMethods_ESP_DEV|Interface01|WebServices|Client|http_//www.kofax.com/agility/services/sdk|CreateJobWithDocuments,2,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
    Content-Length: 112076
    Authorization: NTLM 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
    Connection: Keep-Alive

------------------------------------

So, any ideas as to resolve this issue or do I need to look at your existing answer you provided earlier?

Thanks in advance for you helps

Cheers

Manish

• 2.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 10:43 AM

Hi Manish,

I wanted to make sure that see the current documentation for the parameters.  I believe you have APM 10.2 so here is a link to the guide on these parameters.

SOA-Specific Agent Configuration Properties - CA Application Performance Management - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentati… 

I will contact you later today.

• 3.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Posted May 19, 2017 10:49 AM

grara06

Thanks for the link. We actually have APM v10.1 but I will take a look at the doc for 10.1

SOA-Specific Agent Configuration Properties - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentati… 

So far the things we've tested are not acceptable b/c it take away (disabled) half the agent's metrics. So, there has to be something else CA can do to resolve my issue.

• 4.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:17 PM

I wanted to post the final resolution that you sent us after working with you on this for everyone to have access to it.

Here is what you did to remove the correlation id.

In "IntroscopeAgent.profile", add the following properties:

com.wily.introscope.agent.soapheaderread.enabled=false
    com.wily.introscope.agent.soapheaderinsertion.enabled=false

AND

In "httpcorrelation.pbd" to comment out the following line
    #TurnOn: HttpURLConnectionCorrelationTracing

Thank you!

• 5.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Posted Jun 01, 2017 04:43 PM

grara06 you beat me to it

Thanks for posting the solution.

Thanks to all who assisted.

Cheers

Manish

• 6.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2017 05:06 PM

Manish, I made this as a new branch. Javk's is answered in teh old branch and Norris in the new one.

• 7.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Posted Jun 01, 2017 05:31 PM

Hallett_German - ok but you picked the wrong reply to be the "correct answer". It's the very last reply by Norris which is the correct answer.

• 8.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Posted Jun 01, 2017 05:33 PM

Nevermind Hallett_German - I fixed it.

• 9.  Re: 9.1 - SOAP Header Insertion - Need to turn off CorrelationID

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi Manish:

Thanks for doing so. There is an issue with branching and what it includes. Was busy yesterday on a case and still playing morning catchup ;-)

Hal