CA Service Management

• 1.  Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Posted Jun 02, 2017 05:51 AM

Hi,

we are using CA service desk 12.9.Please help us to get the response time from Service Desk.

• 2.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2017 09:36 AM

Atanu,

I'm not sure if we have an OOTB report that shows this, but are you referring to status change from Open -> ACK   type of response times on SDM tickets?

OR are you looking at resolution times ?

Status change times can be obtained by looking at the Activity Details class in the SDM universe.   Below discussion talks about transfers, but similar approach might help you here too: https://communities.ca.com/message/241954929-re-is-there-another-way-to-determine-if-a-ticket-has-been-transferred-from-… 

_R

• 3.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Posted Jun 05, 2017 03:58 AM

Dear Raghu,

Thanks for your reply..

Actually response time means to change ticket status from open to inprogrss..

We want the actual response time in our report...

Thanks & regards,

Subhra Basak

• 4.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Posted Jun 05, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi Atanu,

Raghu.Rudraraju could probably speak more on this with regards to BOXI, however I can tell you that to do this, you would need do a join between the chg table and the act_log table - and pull the active tickets you want (or whatever tickets you want) with the "open date", and then pull the associated rows from the act_log (activity log) table for those tickets for when the activity type of "update status" in which the status was updated to "in progress", grab the timestamp of those records - and then you could calculate the time that it took between when the open date, and the update status activity (when it was updated to in-progress) and that would give you what you want.  Now I am not sure specifically how to do that within BOXI as we dont typically have much experience with custom reports like this as its not within the scope of support, but Raghu may have some additional info he can share with you to point you in the right direction.  

Regards,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 01:30 PM

Hi Atanu,

The approaches mentioned in the link in my previous post was for Transfer. Similar approach can be followed for Change of Statuses too.  Several community members provided valuable insight/direction there.

https://communities.ca.com/message/241954929-re-is-there-another-way-to-determine-if-a-ticket-has-been-transferred-from-… 

_R

• 6.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Posted Jun 06, 2017 02:06 AM

Hi,

As we checked the entry in 'last_mod_dt' column in 'dbo.act_log' table is 1496667623.

We need to convert this to date and time value but failed to do it.

Please help.

Regards,

Subhra

• 7.  Re: Need response time in the report from CA Service Desk

Posted Jun 06, 2017 11:13 AM

Have you tried using the sql function dateadd?

example

dateadd(ss, last_mod_dt, "01-01-1970 00:00:00")