Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

export policy

• 1.  export policy

Posted Jun 02, 2017 07:44 AM

Hi

Getting this error when I try and export a policy, invalid file name is the title of the popup and message is "cannot export file <url>"

Running the GW in a docker container.

• 2.  Re: export policy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2017 09:39 AM

Hi Andreas,

Does this occur immediately upon clicking the export button or after you enter a filename?

Could you provide a screenshot of the dialog?

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 02, 2017 10:05 AM

Sure, this is the error :                

error msg

/A

• 4.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 02, 2017 10:11 AM

Andreas,

Try prefixing the path to /tmp/policy.xml or /home/ssgconfig/policy.xml.

• 5.  Re: export policy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2017 06:53 PM

Hello anbl ,

It could be a file permission problem, try what Mohindra Singh suggested, export the policy to a folder which you have write permission.

Regards,

Mark

• 6.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 02, 2017 10:41 AM

Hi Andreas,

Do you get the message after clicking on Export or File Save? Can you show us a screen cap of the step that fails?

You can try to copy the assertions in Policy Manager -> Ctrl + a -> Open notepad -> Ctrl + v

Thanks,

Mohindra Singh

• 7.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 06, 2017 04:42 AM

I get the error when trying to export a policy, save works. I am running in Docker, so it could have something to do with the volume in the container? The policy manager tries to save the policy to my disk but it is running in its own container. 

• 8.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 06, 2017 06:23 AM

Also I'm having trouble importing policys. I did what you suggested and copy pasted a policy into a file and tried to import it but I can't locate the file in the file explorer as I can't see files and folders that are there. 

Also the saved assertions are not visible? It says 6 active but I can't see them?

• 9.  Re: export policy

Posted Jun 08, 2017 06:36 AM

Any insights around this? The fact that I cannot see the steps I have created in the policy manager makes it hard to proceed... 

• 10.  Re: export policy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 09:10 PM

Hi anbl ,

Did you save the file as xml file?

If you can open 2 policy manager and connect to 2 gateways, you can select and copy assertions on one policy manager and paste it to another policy manager.

Regards,

Mark

• 11.  Re: export policy
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 09, 2017 11:44 AM

I solved the problems with the filebrowser and import/export policy. The applet has to run under unsafe mode in order for it to have access to filesystem.