AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  What does the average run time field indicate?

Posted Jun 02, 2017 10:58 AM

I am new to CA Autosys and I was asked a question of which I am hoping someone can help me to answer. 

What is the "Average Run Time" field and what does it indicate?  I found in the jobs properties after going into the Quick Edit tab. 

A customer asked me to set up a calendar for a job to run once per month in 2018 and asked me if I would have to also update the "Average Run Time" field from 6 to 12.  I wasn't sure as I don't know what the current value of 6 indicates. I took a snapshot of what I am am viewing.    

Thank you for your help and forgive me if I am missing any details,  please let me know and I'll provide. 

Nick

• 2.  Re: What does the average run time field indicate?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2017 11:09 AM

The average run of the job. Including failures. How fast it has run in the course of its life in the db.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  Re: What does the average run time field indicate?

Posted Jun 02, 2017 11:13 AM

Thank you so much.

Nick J. Cisneros

Control Analyst,  Unix Server Support Team

(W) 952-853-8633 (C) 612-419-3163

• 4.  Re: What does the average run time field indicate?

Posted Jun 02, 2017 11:28 AM

You’re most welcome.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 5.  Re: What does the average run time field indicate?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 02:10 AM

Hey Nick,

you can also refer to the below documentation:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-wla-ae-wcc/11-4-2/en/reference/ae-job-information-language/jil-job-definitions/avg_runtime-attr… 

Regards,

Venkat Bharadwaj

• 6.  Re: What does the average run time field indicate?

Posted Jun 05, 2017 07:54 AM

yes because the book is never wrong. The book tells you an initial setting and honestly this is one of those options that is unnecessary. 

As it bares little weight on anything...after the next run this goes away or it should because the DBMaint process dbstatistics is what actually sets it. 

and there endeth the lesson. 

Steve C.