Symantec IGA

• 1.  JBoss migration

Posted Jun 03, 2017 09:07 PM

What is the best way to upgrade Identity Manager 12.6.5 to IM 14 on JBoss 6.3.0 to 6.4.0? Is this considered an update or a migration?  I have installed JBoss 6.4.0 and then just took the ear file from JBoss 6.3.0 to a clean install of JBoss 6.4.0 and it IM starts.  However, the documentation says to uninstall the current IM and then install IM 14 to a clean instance of JBoss 6.4.0.  However, if I do that I'm not sure what files need to move over to preserve the current configuration. Oh, this is also on a three node JBoss cluster.  Thanks.

• 2.  Re: JBoss migration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2017 05:08 AM

We did an upgrade of IM r12.6.4 to IM r12.6.8 and upgraded JBoss from 6.3 to 6.4 at the same time. So similar to your requirement.

I installed the new Identity Manager software onto the new version of JBoss and pointed it at my existing IM Object Store database server. As I had previously split out the databases, I then updated the standalone-full(-ha).xml file so that the other data sources pointed at their directories. If using a JBoss cluster, there may be some other updates to this file that were made during the previous IM install, so they need to be made here again.

If you're sending email, you'll need to re-enter the SMTP server in standalone-full(-ha).xml and re-enter the sender's "from" email address in "email.properties"

Other than that, you would need to copy across any UI customizations you might have made (e.g. replace logo) or any custom code you've developed and deployed. If you had configured SSL on JBoss, that needs to be re-configured.

And if you're using Workpoint Designer, you will need to follow the documentation instructions again and edit init.bat and WorkpointClient.properties, as well as copying across the correct JAR files