Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V

Posted Jun 05, 2017 11:48 AM

Hi, do we support implementing our CA PAM Virtual appliance on Hyper-V?

Regards

• 2.  Re: CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 03:23 PM

Hi Farid,

We do not support the Microsoft VHyper-V environment for CAPAM.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/2-8-2/EN/deploying  - Lists the three installation options: VMware OVA, hardware appliance, AWS AMI-based instance.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Anthony

• 3.  Re: CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V

Posted Jul 30, 2017 04:56 AM

Thanks for the info,so there is not even a thought about being supported by hyper-v or any other than VMware.

Not that i have anything against VMware,but hypervisor is hypervisor,so for lab or test environment ,with limited resources ,people have to dance a jigg ,just becouse of your's lack of sense regarding this matter.And only thing you have to do is to update your OS of that virtual appliance.

I am just pointing out i do not have any intentions to be rude or to heart someone feelings.

Wish you all the well

• 4.  Re: CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V

Posted May 04, 2018 05:08 AM

Hi, is it (CA PAM virtual appliance supports Hyper-V) on the roadmap?

If yes, which version will support?

• 5.  Re: CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V

Posted May 04, 2018 02:20 PM

Support deals with the product as it currently is designed.  We do not normally know changes to be made in future releases.  That said, I reached out to Product Management and ask about this for you.  Support for HyperV is not currently on the PAM Roadmap.  If this something you'd like to see added then you should create an Enhancement Request, as an Idea, in the PAM community.  Product Management uses that as one factor in considering changes to be made.

• 6.  Re: CA PAM Virtual appliance support for Hyper-V

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2018 02:55 AM

I have not tried it yet - but now with CA PAM 3.2 we provide the appliance for MS Azure in a VHD format - I could imagine this also worked on Hyper-V

But as already said, it is not officially certified nor supported.