DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Linux install locally

Posted Jun 06, 2017 12:27 PM

Is there a way to put all the install files on a Linux system and run them with out having to provide the user name and password of the primary hub,  like the way the local windows installer installs. All the windows installer asks for is the name of the domain and the IP of the hub.

Thanks

Patrick

• 2.  Re: Linux install locally

Posted Jun 06, 2017 12:28 PM

Sorry, I am referring to the robot install.

• 3.  Re: Linux install locally
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 04:47 PM

Patrick -

You should be able to do this by following the robot install instructions found on the Deploy Robots in Bulk with a Third-Party Tool and Native Installers UIM Wiki document page.

All that is required is the appropriate installation file from the <installPath>\Nimsoft\install\setup directory on the primary hub and a valid nms-robot-vars.cfg file that you create prior to kicking off the native installer.  You will not be prompted for a user name/password for the primary hub when using this installation method on UNIX/Linux servers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kathy Maguire

• 4.  Re: Linux install locally

Posted Jun 07, 2017 09:37 AM

Perfect, Thank You

• 5.  Re: Linux install locally

Posted Jun 08, 2017 10:45 AM

Hi Kathy,

I downloaded the RPm and executed it per the documentation. Then I created the answer file as directed put in the 4 required lines and ran the RobotConfigurer.sh but I get the following error:

"Failed to write robot.cfg. Refer to /opt/nimsoft/robot/robot.cfg for the template file and make necessary changes before starting the robot"

When I check the robot.cfg file in the /robot directory it is still unchanged. What is the secret to the answer file? does it have to be configured a certain way and placed in a certain folder to be found during the running of the RobotConfigurer? Currently I have it sitting in the /install directory.

• 6.  Re: Linux install locally

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 04:24 PM

Patrick -

The nms-robot-vars.cfg answer file must be installed in the /opt directory and minimally contain the following lines (with valid values):

domain=UIM_domain_to_which_the_robot_will_belong

hub=name_of_parent_hub

hubip=parent_hub_IP_address

hubrobotname=parent_hub_local_robot

hubport=parent_hub_port_number

There should be no spaces around the equal signs ( = ).  If that is the case and the script continues to fail, then run the RobotConfigurer.sh script in a UNIX script session in debug mode as follows:

script /tmp/configurer.txt

sh -x /opt/nimsoft/install/RobotConfigurer.sh

exit

Post a copies of the following to this discussion for review:

/tmp/configure.txt

/opt/nms-robot-vars.cfg

/opt/nimsoft/install/RobotConfigurer.sh

Thanks,

Kathy Maguire