DX NetOps

• 1.  CA VNA use in real world

Posted Jun 06, 2017 11:03 AM

I have installed CA VNA 2.1 and integrated it with CA PM 3.1 to try it out and was kind of disappointed. 

There is nothing related to performance. Only some stuff related with faults which is not that useful, we do have CA Spectrum for that.

It is declared that VNA now supports Cisco ACI, but actually it only shows some tables with faults and some pictures. Nothing actually useful to see actual performance of cloud infrastructure or troubleshoot it.

I would expect it at least to ability to see bit, packet error rates per BD, EPG, EP, VRF or Tenant. 

I would expect previously motioned items appear in CA PM as objects and each of them should have context pages where I could be able to drill down, select various metrics and create new tabs.

Also I would expect to have ability to create my own metrics or plugins to make VNA monitor other vendors virtual devices such as firewalls or loadbalancers  via API.

Is there any plans in future to develop such functionality or is there going to be other products to cover it?

• 2.  Re: CA VNA use in real world

Posted Oct 22, 2018 03:42 PM

Hi,

Hows working with VNA if you are still using in it your environment?, We are trying to use VNA for SD-WAN and any suggestion will be helpful since not a lot of use cases available. 

• 3.  Re: CA VNA use in real world

Posted Oct 25, 2018 03:31 AM

We are not using it. Because you need to buy the solution, when you need to ask and pay CA for any customization. Out of the box functionality is nice to have, but in the end useless. Documentation was not open to clients, I dont know how it is now. 

We just developed our own scripts to do API calls to our SDN and use Grafana to visualize what we need.