CA Service Management

• 1.  HEAT Configuration Settings

Posted Jun 06, 2017 01:26 PM

SDM 14.1.03.  I'm looking for some documentation on HEAT. Specifically, what is the purpose and function of the Group field on the heat configuration file? Online Help has not been updated and the Wiki explaination is meaningless:
     "Select the group to calculate heat for the tickets belonging to that group"

Also, what is the purpose of the Threshold Minimum and Maximum settings?

Some examples of how this is applied would be very helpful.

thanks

• 2.  Re: HEAT Configuration Settings
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 06, 2017 03:05 PM

Hi Jeffrey,

The way this works is that Heat is a calulated value of the critical of a ticket based on its impact, urgency and priority values.  You can create different heat indexes (heat configurations) for specific gropus.  For example, you may have different heat levels applied to tickets dealing with an application such as Sales Force or Payroll, where as tickets dealing with HR related items may use a different index.  

Now keep in mind, heat values are only really used with the Xflow analyst interface, or for reporting purposes as they dont show much in the standard interface.  Xflow uses heat values to calculate what is called "Weather" for an analyst, showing them if their Queue is "Sunny"  or "Stormy" that day etc.  You can read more about heat in the documentation found here:

Heat - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I hope this helps a bit

Regards,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: HEAT Configuration Settings

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 03:58 PM

Jeffrey, this is how I take it:

On Xflow interface, if you would like to show the "heat/weather" of certain group, you enter the group in the "Group" field

of the heat record. And if you think below or equal to index X the weather is Sunny(green, good), then enter value X in the "Threshold - Minimum" field and if you think any tickets with index larger than Y the weather is Stormy(red, bad), then

enter value Y in the "Threshold - Maximum" of the heat record. And what factors contribute to the index? check the "Heat Attributes" tab of the heat record...you will see what fields and how they contribute to the calculation of the heat index

and you can even change those factors/attributes to fix your specific business requirements.

Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: HEAT Configuration Settings

Posted Jun 08, 2017 02:19 PM

you may close this issue. I've gathered enough info from the Communities to answer my questions for now.

thanks

>>> Chi_Chen <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com> June 6, 2017 15:58 >>>

Chi Chen  replied to the discussion

"Re: HEAT Configuration Settings"

To view the discussion, visit: https://communities.ca.com/message/241984242-re-heat-configuration-settings?commentID=241984242&et=watches.email.thread#comment-241984242