Service Virtualization

• 1.  Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error

Posted Jun 07, 2017 03:47 AM

Hi All,

Greetings!

Am trying to Record Mobile Application Test through DevTest 9.5.1.6 from mac machine running OS Sierra.

Prerequisites Met :

1.Installed Android Studio, SDK Tools, Few Versions of SDK,(4.4 to 7.1), Intel HAXM

2.Configured and Added my AVD - Nexus 4_API_19 in workstation

3.Able to run my Virtual Device through Android Virtual Device Manager

4.Added Android_Home, Java_Home

5.Added Path in Environment variable(bash_profile)

I am able to see my AVD listed in Asset addition screen and have selected it.

Challenge :

Adding an Android Simulator Asset in project.config

Throws - Asset Save Error :

Unable to extract the version of Android emulator.

As the Asset is not added, I am not able to configure Mobile Recorder -> Configure Mobile Session.

PFB Screenshots :

Kindly highlight if am missing something.

I am able to do the same with iOS simulator. Atleast able to add the Asset and Open Test Recorder.

Trying to do the same with Android.

Appreciate your help !

Regards,

Barath.

• 2.  Re: Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 01:13 PM

What version of Android SDK did you install ?  

• 3.  Re: Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error

Posted Jun 08, 2017 09:59 PM

Hi Shiney !

I have SDK V24 and quite a few platforms installed.

Am tying with Android 4.4.4 API 19 through Android studio-AVD or GenyMotion.

Getting below error when saving the asset :

Regards,

Barath.

• 4.  Re: Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:33 PM

SDK Tools

• 5.  Re: Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:35 PM

I am looking for the Android SDK Tools version.  

Mobile Testing and Android SDK Tools 25

There is a known issue that results in an error if you run a test with Android SDK Tools version 25 and an Android Virtual Device (AVD). Genymotion virtual devices are not impacted by this issue.

To run a test with an AVD, use an earlier version of Android SDK Tools. Downloading Android Studio 25 and reverting to SDK 24 can be difficult. We recommend downloading a standalone SDK. The Actions menu in DevTest Workstation now includes an option to download a standalone SDK. Click Actions, Mobile, Install Android SDK.

• 6.  Re: Recording Android Virtual Device applications/browser through Mobile Recorder - Asset Save Error

Posted Jun 09, 2017 04:58 AM

Thanks Shiney ! Your Screenshot helped.

Was aware of this versioning issue in Android SDK Tools from CA Support site Knowledge Base.

But what i had missed was to check the versions of Android SDK Build tools and Android SDK Platform tools.

All the three needed specific versions to be manually downloaded for this to succeed.

With these configurations now i am able to Add Assets, Configure Mobile Session and Run AVD Successfully.

Regards,

Barath.