CA Service Management

• 1.  How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Posted Jun 07, 2017 12:23 PM
      |   view attached

We have created links that take users directly to the new request page for a group of request areas. The problem I am facing is that when they use these, they are still asked to search the Knowledge Base but the button to do so is greyed out and there is no way for them to make it active. 

I have been asked to keep this feature in place as it is helping to reduce basic issue calls to our Help Desk, but it is preventing me from making single click ticket creation for these particular applications. The URL we are currently using is below, I didn't know if there was anything else I could include in it to either make the system think they had already searched KBs or if it could by-pass it all together? I have also attached a screen shot of what the users see when they click the link and fill in all the info required. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

http://servicedesk/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=CREATE_NEW+FACTORY=cr+PRESET_REL=category:pcat.persistent_id:sym:IT.Project%20IT.Applications/Systems.Access%20Control

• 2.  Re: How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Posted Jun 08, 2017 06:22 AM

Hi Michael,

I think this can be disabled by uninstalling the 'prompt_for_knowledge' in the Options Manager.

Let us know if this helps?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 12:29 PM

Brian,

Michael would like to force people to search for knowledge when they create a case through the main Employee interface home.htmpl, but if they are using a direct link to create a case they'd like some way to by-pass the prompt knowledge in that instance.

It would likely require a java script of some sort, I'm not sure the nature of it.

• 4.  Re: How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Posted Jun 12, 2017 01:27 PM

Hey Brian,

Yeah, my upper management has requested that I force all users through our KBs, but I have a department that only uses particular applications and want to allow their users to just click a single URL from their department site and create a ticket asking for help. Otherwise I would have done exactly like you recommended. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I really do appreciate it.

• 5.  Re: How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:12 AM

HI,

Try to add the additional parameters below to your direct link:

+KEEP.suggest_knowledge=2

Can't test here as this function is disabled in my instance so you may have to play with the number of the value but any value higher that 0 must work.

Give it a try and let us know.

hope this help.

/J

• 6.  Re: How can I make a direct link/URL to create a new request that by-passes forced KB search

Posted Jun 12, 2017 01:34 PM

Hey Jerome,

I took your advice and have been playing with the URL, still can't quite get it correct. I have made it a bit redundant to see if that would force it to take it, but still doesn't seem to be allowing me to bypass the KB search. This URL launches a window, and according to the site makes a ticket:

but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the DB:

http://servicedesk.domain.com/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=CREATE_NEW&PRESET=type%3AR&FACTORY=cr&KEEP.suggest_knowledge=1&SET.ticket_avoided=10&PRESET_REL=category:pcat.persistent_id:sym:IT.Project%20IT.Applications/Systems.CoConsole&PRESET=description:TEST%20TICKET&NEW_ATTMNTS=&INPUT_FIELDS_TO_PARSE=&SELF_SERVICE=1&AppendCustInfo=Yes&HTMPL=home.htmpl&PRESET_REL=customer:cnt.id:userid:AD_UserID&SET.string1=&SET.urgency=1&KEY.category=Project%20IT.Applications%2FSystems.CoConsole&SET.description=TEST&SET.z_reporting_method=7304