Rally Software

• 1.  The "Defect Trend" report is including defects with a defect state of "not a defect"

Posted Jun 07, 2017 03:52 PM
      |   view attached

Hello--Currently we have around 32 open defects (submitted state, open state, and re-open state).  We would like to use the report "Defect Trend," however, it appears that it is including the defect state "Not a defect" as part of the graph (29+1+1+19=50 defects).

I believe someone asked a similar question about this report in 2016 and there was no response.  I asked my system admin to fix this/look into it, and their only response was to contact the developer for this app to update the source code.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: The "Defect Trend" report is including defects with a defect state of "not a defect"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 10:30 AM

Hello Eve,

I have included the help link for the defect trend report below which will explain how the chart is calculated. If a defect is not closed before being deleted it will still be calculated in the chart which may be what's occurring in this instance. 

Defect Trend | CA Agile Central Help 

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Christian 

• 3.  Re: The "Defect Trend" report is including defects with a defect state of "not a defect"

Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:03 PM

I experimented by closing a few open defect (that had been deleted) and saw no change in my report.  I was able to update the settings on my dashboard app for "Defect Trend" to terminate with "Not a Defect" and saw the change I was looking for.  I contacted the admin to update the setting on the global "Defect Trend" report with this information--I hope they are able to make the update (and don't direct me to get the source code updated again).