Service Operations Insight

• 1.  How to clear all SOI alarms from command prompt?

Posted Jun 08, 2017 05:11 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have CA SOI 4.0. I am just wondering if there any way to clear all SOI alarms from command prompt?

Best Regards,

Okik

• 2.  Re: How to clear all SOI alarms from command prompt?

Posted Jun 12, 2017 03:42 PM

Erik_BresnihanPeteBennett just checking to see if we can help Okik with this questions. Thanks!

• 3.  Re: How to clear all SOI alarms from command prompt?

Posted Jun 12, 2017 03:58 PM

Hi Okik, why would you want to do this? This would in turn delete all the alerts from the domain managers that are sending those alerts into SOI. 

But you can probably make use of the SOI REST web services calls. 

Available CA SOI REST Web Services - CA Service Operations Insight - 4.0 CU1, SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: How to clear all SOI alarms from command prompt?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 11:33 AM

Hi Okik,

You can use the following sql queries to clear all alerts:

NOTE: This you can run only in dire situation. My suggestion would be to open a case with support first, have them take a look at the problem at hand then decide if the following needs to be run or not.

- Backup your current DB

- Stop all SOI services on all machine. Stop the connectors as well

- Make sure you have selected SAMStore DB when running the following queries

- First set the clearedtime in alerts table using the following query
    update Alerts set ClearedTime=getdate() where AlertID in (select AlertID from Alerts where Active=1)

- Then set the alert active value to 0 using the following query

update Alerts set Active=0 where Active=1

- Start the SOI services on the SOI manager, make sure it is up and running, the Triage test in sam debug page should show completed. Start the connectors.

Thanks

Shaheen