Clarity

• 1.  assign vs alloc tab is not opening for one user

Posted Jun 08, 2017 05:04 AM

HI Everyone

One of my clarity users is facing a issue while opening a tab names assign vs alloc which is having one portlet inside it(Assign vs alloc portlet). This is tab is present under Home-->Resource Management-->RM Phase 2 views. its working fine for everyone else without any issues and its opening in 10-15 seconds. For one user is taking 1-2 minutes and getting a popup Error:Unable to communicate to the PPM server. Please try again and if error persists please contact your system administrator. can any one please let me know is there any point i can reset any defaults?

Please let me know if you need more details on this.

Thanks

Daya

• 2.  Re: assign vs alloc tab is not opening for one user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi Daya

It might be that this user set up a filter that's too open or includes too many columns, or Power Filter with a long condition to evaluate. This sometimes happens and causes exactly the same symptoms.

To reset to default for this user only you can apply the following steps:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1757692.html

Please try this and let me know how it goes. -Nika

• 3.  Re: assign vs alloc tab is not opening for one user

Posted Jun 12, 2017 10:46 AM

HI Nika

thanks for your update, but the actual problem is user set the some of the large filter values and saved the filter and made that as default one.

i suspect that choice and made same like this, but now mine is also gone, its not about the portletwhere we can go and change the settings in manage filter. The tab containing the portlet is not opening and after some time its throwing the error message.

Please let me know if you think any place i delete those filters.

Thanks

Daya

• 4.  Re: assign vs alloc tab is not opening for one user
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2017 12:33 PM

Check if this helps:

Portlet with busted Default Filter

https://communities.ca.com/message/5999211 

NJ

• 5.  Re: assign vs alloc tab is not opening for one user

Posted Jun 13, 2017 04:57 AM

HI NJ