CA Service Management

• 1.  How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi guys,

Is there a way to change CA Service Management Administration credentials?

This is my situation:

We've installed CA SM using CA EEM internal user store successfully. Then, within all products and integrations working, we've pointed CA EEM to a external user store (Windows Active Directory trougth LDAP); We've defined successfully all products administrators to a LDAP account (CA SDM, CA SC, CCA, USS and PAM), but the CA Service Management Admin still trying to use CASMAdmin account. This account does not exists in external user store.

Any tips will be appreciated!

Best regards,

Eduardo

• 2.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:33 AM

Hi Eduadro, 

Did you try this:

Implementation Guide Release 12.8.00 

Follow these steps:

1. Open the CA Service Catalog command prompt by clicking Start, Programs, CA, Service Catalog, Service Catalog Command Prompt.
    2. Enter the following command at the CA Service Catalog command prompt:
      ant add-spadmin-user

• 3.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Jun 08, 2017 11:43 AM

Hi, diegolimabsb! Tks for you reply.

For sure, we set successfully the catalog administrator using a LDAP account. Our problem is only for CA Service Management Admin. The CA Service Management Administration service supports many administrative tasks, and the administrative tasks is not working.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2017 02:38 AM

Good Morning Eduardo.

Please check the below CA Service Management 14.1 Wiki Page:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-4-install-or-upgrade/upgrade-to-ca-service-management

On which there is a note, reading:
    Note:
    If you are planning to upgrade a product that was integrated and configured with Active Directory in an earlier release,
    before upgrading to CA Service Management 14.1,
    ensure to create the CasmAdmin user and OpenSpaceAdminGroup.
    Associate the CasmAdmin to the OpenSpaceAdminGroup in the Active Directory.

Please (double) check this has been done on your environment too?
    Especially where you mentioned: "This account does not exists in external user store."

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 5.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Jun 09, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi Louis! This is exactly the confirmation I was looking for.

Just for context, we are a MSP, offering CA SM multi-tetant in SaaS model to the market - using shared environments. Our solution are connected to several client's LDAP (not only Microsoft Active Directory by the way), providing data synchronization for contacts and authentication over EEM.

I will work a little more on that, and figure out how we can go forward.

Tks a lot and best regards,

Eduardo

• 6.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:12 AM

Hi Eduardo,

Have you resolved this issue? I have same  situation in my environment. Can't log into USS control panel with admin privileges, although I have CASMAdmin which belong OpenSpaceAdminGroup in AD. Anybody any idea?

Thanks!

• 7.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 12:35 PM

Hi AcoCoa! Hou you doing?

We've created casmadmin user in Active Directory, created an application group (Administradores) in EEM and related casmadmin user to this group. In portal-ext.properties file, we set the parameter eem.application.admin.group=Administradores. After restart USS services, we are able to login to USS (portal and control panel) with no problems.

The original problem with Administrative Tasks was solved as well. I just had to set the casmadmin's domain user password equal to casmadmin EEM user created during install.

Fell free to contact me if you need any help.

Regards,

Eduardo

• 8.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 02:49 PM

Hello,

If you want to change the password of the CASMADMIN user, you simply have to put EEM in "Internal" mode.

Modify the CASMADMIN password with EEM and toggles EEM to "External" mode again.

Once in "External" mode, without CASMADMIN being created in the external LDAP,
    it will not be possible for you to authenticate with the user.

• 9.  Re: How to change CA Service Management Admin credentials?

Posted Aug 10, 2017 03:17 PM

Nice tip!