Rally Software

• 1.  Overview of executed testing for a feature

Posted Jun 09, 2017 02:21 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out an easy way to get an overview of what testing has been performed for a given feature. For a User Story, one can define a test case as a child, but that makes test cases grand children of Features and not directly visible when looking at a Feature. To make things more complicated, if one is using existing test cases for testing a Feature
    or a User Story (e.g. for regression testing), those test cases will already have a parent, so they can not be connected to the User Story under test. In my case, we have our regression test cases organized in Test Sets, but those can not be ties to a Feature or User Story.

So the question is: what is a good way to organize this?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Overview of executed testing for a feature

Posted Jun 27, 2017 12:05 PM

Great question, and there is a custom app that allows you to see test status by portfolio item, the details of this app are as follows:

Test Status by Portfolio Item App to show test case status by portfolio item.

Grid shows a list of the portfolio items beneath the selected top level portfolio item. The type of the top level portfolio item is configured in the App Settings.

Additional fields on the Portfolio Item seen in the table are:

• Actual - the number of test cases that have been executed, regardless of status.
    • Passed - the percentage of test cases whose last verdict is Pass.
    • Planned - the percentage of test cases that should be run based on the ideal line from the portfolio item's Planned Start Date to the Planned End date (if Planned Start or End dates are not populated the Actual Start or End dates will be used. Otherwise, there will be no value for planned).
    • Total - the total number of test cases for the portfolio item.
    • Status - a summary of the test case status
    • Comments - A custom field (configurable via app settings) that is enabled for editing to provide comments onto the portfolio item.

I have to mention that being custom code, this is not supported by the Rally / CA Agile Central technical support team, and is offered as-is, with no guarantees, etc.

To use this app, you should create a new custom page with one column, add the custom html app and then paste the attached source code into the custom html app.  Here's some guidance on doing that from the Rally / CA Agile Central help documentation:  Custom HTML | CA Agile Central Help 

I sincerely hope this is helpful to you.  Play with the app settings, I set mine for Initiatives and tried changing the Field selector, but that didn't seem to change the report any, so not sure that setting matters.