CA Service Management

• 1.  SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:05 PM

Hello,

I wanna know if exists in spell some variable or parameter where we could know if some update in an object was triggered throught edit mode in the interface or was for an action like Action Macro.

• 2.  Re: SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi Yonatan - I dont think that you can tell that with Spelcode... BUT, I think that you would be able to tell by who performed the update - meaning, if it was an actual user or a system user.

Hope this helps,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:11 PM

Hello Jon,

Could you explain me how i can get what user did the update throught SPELL?

• 4.  Re: SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 03:23 PM

I dont believe it can be done via Spel code.  Spelcode is used to trigger an action.   Unfortuantely custom spelcode is outside the scope of support so its not something we can assist with from our side.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 5.  Re: SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 04:17 PM

Hello Jon,

I know that this is outside of support is for that reason that i'm asking here, maybe someone knows how to do that.

• 6.  Re: SPELL- How to know if an object update was in edit mode or throuht Action Macro.

Posted Jun 09, 2017 04:19 PM

On the other hand, I've already trigger an action, i just wanna know if i can get the user that execute the action.