Rally Software

• 1.  Why does Project Cumulative Flow use story count, not Plan Estimate?

Posted Jun 09, 2017 04:32 PM

I'm using my customized Kanban State in displaying Project Cumulative Flow - 

Somehow it only shows subtotal of story count, instead of subtotal of stories points in Plan Estimate from those states. Is there a way that they can change it?

• 2.  Re: Why does Project Cumulative Flow use story count, not Plan Estimate?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 08:06 AM

Hi Li,

there is no built-in way in the app to change this.

If you have some programming skills (or access to people with them) you could check out the source code for this app here : app-catalog/src/apps/charts/rpm/cfd at master · RallyApps/app-catalog · GitHub 

And have a stab at changing this to your needs. See also GitHub - RallyApps/app-catalog: A collection of extensible apps from Rally's App Catalog  and Build Custom Apps | CA Agile Central Help  for more information on creating custom apps.

• 3.  Re: Why does Project Cumulative Flow use story count, not Plan Estimate?

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:21 AM

Conny,

Thank you for you reply!

From my project experience, when we use cumulative flows on stories, we focus more on the unit of Plan Estimate Total instead of Story Count. There are not many Rally APPs using Story Count actually, comparing to APPs that us Plan Estimate Total. Story Count is really not a common used unit for story cumulative flow. That's why I'm suggesting if there could at least be an option to select "Story Count" or "Plan Estimate" as the unit to use.

I really like this APP, as it give an alternative to show Cumulative based on Kanban Status. Based on Story count, somehow I think that's not helping to increase its popularity.