DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Posted Jun 12, 2017 10:58 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a query. Suppose i have 500 servers only under monitoring but in UMP it is showing 1000+ servers.

How do i can delete the old servers which has been not active under monitoring.

Regards,

IK

• 2.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 11:02 AM

Hello Imran, in UIM 8.51 you have a feature in USM to achieve this. Please read the following documentation.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-5-1/en/installing-ca-uim/discover-systems-to-monitor/advanced-configuration/remove-devices-in-usm

If this helps to answer your question please mark this thread as answered here in the community.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 3.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Posted Jun 13, 2017 05:31 AM

Hi Hoffner,

Currently i have been using 8.4 SP2.

Is there any way to solve this issue in this version?

Regards,

IK

• 4.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 05:43 AM

Hello Imran, there is no option from the USM GUI to do that. This comes with 8.51. For other options how to achieve this please see the technical document https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000004861.html

Let me know if this helps to answer your question and if so please mark it as answered.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 5.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Posted Jun 13, 2017 06:07 AM

Hi Hoffner,

Your both links are very helpful however i need some more suggestion for step 2 mentioned in the KB because i have never used SLM feature in UIM.

2 Run the following query for the NimsoftSLM backend database using the SLM portlet or MS SQL Server Management Studio utility

Can you suggest some document or step for this?

Regards,

IK

• 6.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 08:39 AM

Hello Imran, add the SLM Portlet in UMP and select Tools - SQL Query. Here you can execute the SQL Queries from the document. Or open the Microsoft SQL Server machine the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, in the left topology panel select Databases - CA_UIM database - click to New Query on the top left corner and type the sql query in the right panel and push the Execute button.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 7.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?

Posted Jun 13, 2017 04:21 PM

• 8.  Re: How to delete already removed servers from UIM Inventory?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2017 12:42 PM

STOP, do  not run that query from that article. That will drop  your entire CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table. 

Upgrade to 8.5.1 make use of the newly added delete function from the Inventory section in the UMP's USM. That would be the easiest way to get rid of your 500 of the 1000 you don't need. 

If this is a test DB then you can follow that article but if this is prod then do not follow that article. 

Alternatively you can make use of the discovery server call back and get the CS_ID of all the 500 servers you want to delete using the inventory view. 

Log into UMP, USM, Inventory. Filter out the full list to just the 500 you want and then do an Action Export. The export will contain the CS_KEY's. 

Take this list export it and then put them all on one line separated by a coma. 

Open the discovery_servers probe utility, and use the remove_master_devices_by_cskey call back. Paste the list of cs_keys and then press play. 

This will delete all the old robots out of your DB.

For QoS clean up if you need to, then open your SLM portlet. Click on the wrench icon in top right and select Preferences.

Adjust to the following:

Save and then go back. Back in the portlet go into the Quality of Service section and now you can easily navigate the QoS as you would in the IM tool. To delete specific robots just mouse over the end of an entry and do a Delete. 

You can delete specific Qos from a probe or an entire probe's worth of QoS or all QoS from a specific Robot. 

This can take a long time so do it 1x1.