Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Kevin.Bowman

Kevin.BowmanSep 15, 2017 02:00 PM

• 1.  Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 12, 2017 09:32 AM

We need to create two different reply queues and need to send two different reponses to the queue by correlating the content file of the request message.

Could you please let me know whether this is possible to achieve in CA LISA workstation .

• 2.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 13, 2017 10:30 PM

Hi Shivam,

Recently I have implemented this with Kevin Bowman's assistance. Please follow below approach. I was able to send multiple responses to different queues.

In the Respond step, there is a '+' button at the bottom right corner of the 'Senders' section. Use this to add multiple sender entries to the Respond step. In each entry, enter a unique value for 'Channel Name', and select a queue.

In each response's meda-data, find or create the meta-data property: 'channel.name'. If this meta-data property is not present, then the response will be sent using the first sender entry in the Respond step. If this meta-data property is present, then that request will be sent using the Respond step's sender entry with the same channel name. By giving each response a different 'channel.name' meta-data value, you tell VSE to use a different queue to specified in the Respond step under the sender entry with that channel name, to send that response.

• 3.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 14, 2017 01:52 AM

Thanks for you reply.

Can you please provide screen shot as I am using Lisa 7.5.2?  It is very urgent.

Also channel name is same for both reply queues. Only reply queue is different apart from that all other MQ details are same.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 4.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:04 AM

Hi Shivam.

I am using DevTest 9.5. Please find below screenshots.

How to send multiple responses to different queues using single Respond step

1) Click +(Add Sender) on the right side bottom

There should be two senders, if you want to send 2 responses.

If channel name is same then you can keep same channel name under sender and VSI

Please let me know if you have any queries.

• 5.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:18 AM

I dont have any thing like this in VSM. Please find screen shot from 7.5.2,  Hope the same you are talking here.

• 6.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:29 AM

Hi Shivam,

I have shared screenshots using DevTest 9.5 and I am not sure how to implement the same in 7.5.2.

• 7.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:20 AM

Hello Kevin,

Can you help me in this how this can be implemented in Lisa 7.5.2?

It is bit urgent.

Thanks..

Shivam Garg

• 8.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2017 05:15 AM

With the old MQ protocol all the response queue and connection information is stored in the service image response meta-data.  The connection/queue information is all in the 'dest.*' meta-data properties.  The queue name itself is in 'dest.destination'. 

If you already have multiple responses in your VSI transaction but all their meta-data point to the same queue, then you can just change the queues on each responses' meta-data to make them go to different queues.

If you are adding responses to your VSI manually, then you will need to manually transfer the meta-data from an existing response into your new one and then change the 'dest.destination' property.  If you can re-generate your service from RR pairs then I highly recommend doing that and using side-car files to make this process easier.  There's a reason the new version of the MQ protocol doesn't depend on having all that information in the meta-data.

Finally, with multiple responses going to different queues, you will need to make sure your VSM's 'Respond' step has the 'Share Sessions' checkbox unchecked.

• 9.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 15, 2017 02:01 AM

Morning Kevin,

As you suggested, I have provided respective reply queue names n response meta data and also unchecked share sessios from VSM. But when I am checking in console, I am seeing both responses are going back but also seeig that both are going to same queue.

Is there any thing or change I ahve to mention in VSM? Please find screen shot of Publish step in VSM.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Shivam Garg

• 10.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Jun 15, 2017 11:35 AM

Does your request contain a replyTo queue?  By default that overrides whatever response queue is set in the VSI meta-data.  You can disable this by adding another property to the response meta-data:

disregardReplyTo = true

• 11.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 14, 2017 08:56 AM

hello Kevin,

Sorry I am opening same thread again. This time despite every thing, we are facing same kind of issue. We are not seeing any disregardReplyTo property in one response meta data. below properties are only there. Any reason for that?

dest.ccid
    dest.channel{{ChannelName1}}
    dest.destinationSTK_CONF_FTM
    dest.host{{HostName1}}
    dest.queueManagerQAB0
    dest.user{{UserName1}}
    dest.password
    dest.port1414
    msg.applicationIdData
    msg.applicationOriginData
    msg.backoutCount0
    msg.characterSet819
    msg.encoding273
    msg.expiry-1
    msg.feedback0
    msg.formatMQSTR
    msg.getVersion2
    msg.messageFlags0
    msg.messageSequenceNumber1
    msg.messageType8
    msg.offset0
    msg.originalLength-1
    msg.persistence0
    msg.priority0
    msg.putApplicationNameWebSphere MQ Client for Java
    msg.putApplicationType28
    msg.replyToQueueManagerName
    msg.replyToQueueNameSTK_CONF_FTM
    msg.report0
    msg.userId
    msg.accountingToken
    msg.correlationId
    msg.groupId
    msg.messageId
    msg.putDateTime
    dest.connectionModeNative Client
    dest.destinationTypeQueue - ASYNC
    dest.overrideQueueManager
    dest.receiveExit
    dest.securityExit
    dest.sendExit
    dest.tempQueueModel
    dest.isTempfalse
    dest.forwardTypetrue
    dest.requestDestinationfalse
    dest.useCorrelationIDfalse
    mq.dest.env.Use Non-Destructive GETsfalse
    mq.dest.env.Local Address Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.connectOptionsdefault
    mq.dest.env.ConnTag Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.Header Compression Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.Message Compression Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL CertStoresdefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL Cipher Suitedefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL Fips Requireddefault

• 12.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:05 PM

The version of LISA you are using is very old.  However, I'm pretty sure 'disregardReplyTo' has been in there since 6.x.  You can add additional properties to the meta-data list; have you tried just adding 'disregardReplyTo'?

• 13.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 14, 2017 10:29 PM

yes I tried. But after setting this property value to true , we are facing another issue that we are discussing in another thread.

Cheers..

Shivam Garg

• 14.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 15, 2017 10:23 AM

Hello Kevin,

I have added disregardReplyTo in one response meta data as shown below but still it is picking queuemanager values coming from VSM. I have mentioned QAB0 here but it is coming as QAD1 during execution.

Why it is happening? Is any thing wrong in below properties?

Please advise. If atleast we can achieve this , it can sort out problem.

dest.ccid
    dest.channel{{ChannelName1}}
    dest.destinationSTK_CONF_FTM
    dest.host{{HostName1}}
    dest.queueManager
    dest.user{{UserName1}}
    dest.password
    dest.port1414
    msg.applicationIdData
    msg.applicationOriginData
    msg.backoutCount0
    msg.characterSet819
    msg.encoding273
    msg.expiry-1
    msg.feedback0
    msg.formatMQSTR
    msg.getVersion2
    msg.messageFlags0
    msg.messageSequenceNumber1
    msg.messageType8
    msg.offset0
    msg.originalLength-1
    msg.persistence0
    msg.priority0
    msg.putApplicationNameWebSphere MQ Client for Java
    msg.putApplicationType28
    msg.replyToQueueManagerNameQAB0
    msg.replyToQueueNameSTK_CONF_FTM
    msg.report0
    msg.userId
    msg.accountingToken
    msg.correlationId
    msg.groupId
    msg.messageId
    msg.putDateTime
    dest.connectionModeNative Client
    dest.destinationTypeQueue - ASYNC
    dest.overrideQueueManager
    dest.receiveExit
    dest.securityExit
    dest.sendExit
    dest.tempQueueModel
    disregardReplyTotrue
    dest.isTempfalse
    dest.forwardTypefalse
    dest.requestDestinationfalse
    dest.useCorrelationIDfalse
    mq.dest.env.Use Non-Destructive GETsfalse
    mq.dest.env.connectOptionsdefault
    mq.dest.env.ConnTag Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.Header Compression Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.Message Compression Propertydefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL CertStoresdefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL Cipher Suitedefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL Fips Requireddefault
    mq.dest.env.SSL Peer Namedefault

• 15.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 15, 2017 02:00 PM

Shivam, can we pick one thread?

• 16.  Re: Can we able to create two different reply Queues and two different responses for those queues in CA LISA

Posted Sep 16, 2017 01:26 AM

sure. I will update this last request there.

Cheers..