Clarity

• 1.  Parent role in dwh

Posted Jun 12, 2017 02:18 PM

The PRJ_RESOURCES table has a field called PRPARENTID which is the parent role of a role. I cannot find that field in the DWH. It is also not possible to check the box  to Include in Data Warehouse. Is it available in the DWH?

• 2.  Re: Parent role in dwh
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2017 03:15 PM

Hi Colum

You are correct, the Parent Role field is not available to be included in Data Warehouse. You could do the following:

1. Raise an Idea here to get the field included
    2. As workaround, create a custom calculated field that copies the same attribute and include it in Data Warehouse

The workaround should work in the meantime whilst Product Management are evaluating your suggestion.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Parent role in dwh

Posted Jun 13, 2017 01:46 PM

Thanks for the response Nika.

I did attempt option 2 but I do not see the Parent role field in the dropdowns to be selected in a calculation .  I guess I am left with option 1.

• 4.  Re: Parent role in dwh

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 02:12 PM

Hi Colum,

Try to create the Calculated attribute by specifying the column. Here is an example:

This will allow you to get the value to Data Warehouse. Please note though that the value will be the internal ID so when you build your reports you have to create a join over it to get the Role Name in text.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 5.  Re: Parent role in dwh

Posted Jun 20, 2017 09:39 AM

The calculated field solution worked! Thanks for your help.