Rally Software

• 1.  Are there any official details on the "New Import Capabilities" Lab?

Posted Jun 12, 2017 06:28 PM

I see that we have a relatively new lab in Labs that promises to "Enable new Import Capabilities". Sounds useful. I think the part about importing multiple object types is somewhat self-explanatory but the rest could be more clear. Before I ask a whole bunch of questions I wanted to see if there's an official announcement that provides more details on this lab. I don't see anything here, or on the What's New pages, or on the blogs... 

• 2.  Re: Are there any official details on the "New Import Capabilities" Lab?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 05:40 AM

Hi Nick,

have a look at this: Labs: New Import Syntax | CA Agile Central Help 
    This help is also linked, when trying to import test cases after you have enabled this lab.

Let us know, what you think of the functionality...

• 3.  Re: Are there any official details on the "New Import Capabilities" Lab?

Posted Jun 13, 2017 01:36 PM

Hi Conny,

Great, thank you for that link! Do you know if test results can also be imported? The page doesn't say that they cannot be, so it implies that they can be. The ability to create results in bulk has been a frequent request from some of our users so if they can be imported that might help them out too.

Thanks,

NT

• 4.  Re: Are there any official details on the "New Import Capabilities" Lab?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:11 AM

Hi Nick,

To be honest I haven't tried importing test results via this. If it doesn't, please leave this as feedback via the lab. Our product team would love to hear about your use cases, what you need, and what you like to have...

regards

Conny