Test Data Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Fast data masker - How to set directory to \AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\ folder

• 1.  Fast data masker - How to set directory to \AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\ folder

Posted Jun 13, 2017 09:24 AM

When setting up directory in Fast Data Masker, I changed the directory to a copy of fast data masker folder on my desktop. The original folder lies in appdata folder. When I try to create a connection using this folder on my desktop, I get an error "access denied". Now I am unable to set the directory back to the original folder which lies in appdata folder as this folder is hidden. I am unable to set the directory back to this folder even after unhiding the hidden files. Is there way I can set the directory back to \AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\ ?

• 2.  Re: Fast data masker - How to set directory to \AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\ folder
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi Abhinav,

How did you set it to your Desktop?  What properties file did you change to point to your desktop? 

In case you followed the Documentation:

Fast Data Masker Best Practices -> -> Write Logs to a Local Drive ->Configure the Fast Data Masker Logs Location

https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-data-manager/4-1/en/provisioning-test-data/mask-production-data/fast-data-masker-best-practices#FastDataMaskerBestPractices-WriteLogstoaLocalDrive

As a best practice, we recommend that you write the logs to a local drive, not a network drive. Audit/application logs on remote drives significantly affect the masking performance.

Configure the Fast Data Masker Logs Location

By default, all Fast Data Masker logs are located in %AppData%\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\Logs (for example, C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\logs). If you are unable to use this folder and want to change the location where Fast Data Masker logs are stored, you can do so in the Fast Data Masker Mapper.

Follow these steps:

1. Click Start, All Programs, FastDataMasker, FastDataMasker to open the Fast Data Masker Mapper.
    2. Click the Options tab.
    3. Locate the row that contains the LOGDIR option.
    4. In the Value column, enter the file path where you want to save the the Fast Data Masker log files.
    5. Complete your masking rules and run a masking job.
    6. Access the file path that you specified in the LOGDIR option.
      Your log files are now available in this location

Have you tried %AppData%\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\Logs ?

Cheers!
    Les.