CA Service Management

• 1.  Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 13, 2017 10:36 AM

Did anyone had success in enforcing KB search through Analyst front end before submitting a request ticket in SDM 14.1.02 or above release?

If someone willing to share the code or workaround, would be very helpful for us. Thank You!!

• 2.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 13, 2017 01:38 PM

Hi Vishnu, 

I dont believe this is possible out of the box. It would require custom spelcode which you know is out of the scope of support.  There may be some folks out here that have gotten it to work and may be willing to share their info with you

Thanks

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 20, 2017 05:05 PM

I'm still looking for a feasible solution to require Knowledge doc on closure of an incident in Service Desk. Any suggestions from experts?

• 4.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 21, 2017 08:42 AM

Vishnu - this is different than your original request.  Originally you were looking to force the KT search for analysts when they submit a ticket, but you didnt mention anything about forcing them to require a Knowledge doc be attached to a ticket as a solution before closing it.  Thats much different.  That can be done by using status transitions and adding a condition. 

That should allow you to add a condition such that there is a solution attached to the ticket in the solutions tab under the knowledge management main tab.

• 5.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:17 AM

Hi Jon, Since knowledge search can't be made mandatory for Analysts, I'm trying to make it feasible through a workaround by having an analyst accept a relevant knowledge doc as solution for every ticket and if no solution found then still accept a generic knowledge doc as solution. I don't see a specific object for knowledge in activity association objects list for Req/inc/prb object type, any suggestions on how to come up with such logic?

• 6.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:56 PM

Vishnu,

I dont think its an activity association.  You would have to look at the condition being whether or not there are any docs attached to the ticket as a solution.  The condition would see if that is null or not.  If it is, then it would not allow the transition from any status to a closed status.  Outside of that, you would have to use custom spel code to accomplish this I think.

Anyone else have any ideas here?

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:01 PM

Hi Jon, I think it might be possible with Spel by checking the length of solution log attribute and will try that route.

• 8.  Re: Force KB search for Analysts in SDM 14.1.02 or above

Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:24 PM

Sure you can try that - but of course you already know that we cannot support custom spel or assist on it.  The condition on the status transition would def. be better way to go and would be supported.

Jon I.