CA Service Management

• 1.  how should i get reference to Request Area using java webservice

Posted Jun 14, 2017 07:18 AM
    I am able to create a sample ticket using java apache-axis client webservice ,but
    how should i set the parameters for request area,history ,groups and workflows from
    java webservice attrVals.setString(new String[]{" when i try to add some strings as parameters to
    attrVals.setString(new String[]{"  mismatch error occurs.please help

• 2.  Re: how should i get reference to Request Area using java webservice

Posted Jun 14, 2017 08:45 AM

Hi Giridhar,

Take a look at this page: Web Services Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

It talks about  how to do some common tasks with Web Services.  It also has a link to the object reference guide which may help you with addressing specific fields within the objects. 

Here is also an excerpt from an older 11.2 document regarding SOAP WebServices which should still apply here to 14.1:

Categories and Properties
    The request, change order and issue objects all have a category field, which is used to classify the nature of the ticket. A category may have zero or more property objects, which are instantiated and attached to the ticket when the category is assigned. Zero or more of these may be marked required, which means a value must be supplied before the ticket can be saved (and applies to both insert and update operations).
    This enforcement works fine in a GUI environment, but is more difficult to deal with programmatically. To make things easier, the Unicenter Service Desk Web Services automatically supplies default values for any ticket created with the Web Services. The default value (currently, “-“) is obtained from Unicenter Service Desk’s localized message catalog.

If you need to set property values at creation time, there are three ticket creation methods: createChangeOrder, createIssue, and createRequest. Each has a parameter with which you can pass in values for any properties. To discover which properties will be attached, you must find out the properties associated with the category you intend to assign to the ticket. The easiest method to use is getPropertyInfoForCategory(). For more information about the getPropertyInfoForCategory(), see createRequest().
    To set property values after an update operation with updateObject(), you must query

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: how should i get reference to Request Area using java webservice

Posted Jun 14, 2017 09:50 AM

Thank you for the reply Jon,what will be the last patrameter value for getPropertyInfoForCategory().if you have a java example for adding attributes will help me lot.

• 4.  Re: how should i get reference to Request Area using java webservice

Posted Jun 14, 2017 10:16 AM

in the following method is there possibility to pass any other parameters,if yes how i dont find information regarding this CA dlcumentation as well.Please help me with the sample code for request area and other properties

attrVal.setString(new String[]{"customer", userHandle, "description", "description text"})