CA Service Management

• 1.  LDAP sync command

Posted Jun 14, 2017 09:17 AM

Hello Team

We  want users to log in to sdm without we creating again from ldap search. Like the Admin created in Active Directory so it automatically sync with sdm contacts and then user able to login .

I ran the pdm_ldap_sync command. I got following output. Number of recods of contacts in sdm were same

before running the coomand

i exactly dont remember the switch names..like pdm_ldap_sync -n -l somthing..

Please advise

• 2.  Re: LDAP sync command

Posted Jun 14, 2017 10:31 AM

HI Amir, 

there is an option in options manager to allow for contact auto-creation.  Is that what you are referring to?  That option will allow the system to import that contact's information the first time they attempt to log into SDM.

If you are looking to do an import of contacts from LDAP, you would need to use the pdm_ldap_import command.  You can read more about how to set that up here:

How to integrate CA SDM with LDAP - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: LDAP sync command

Posted Jun 15, 2017 05:21 AM
      |   view attached

HI JOn

Thanks for you rinput

see below..ldap auto option already installed.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Jon_Israel <

• 4.  Re: LDAP sync command

Posted Jun 15, 2017 07:28 AM

Hi JOn

See the error below when user login first time into application

please advise

• 5.  Re: LDAP sync command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 12:47 AM

Hi Aamir,

If an inactivated Contact has a same UserID, a new Contact will not be created automatically when the user logs into SDM. In that case, you need to run pdm_ldap_sync command to activate it.

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 6.  Re: LDAP sync command

Posted Jun 16, 2017 06:28 AM

Hello Kaori

Thanks for the advise

please see the below error while logining into sdm...we checked the contact in inactive. no contact is there witht he same name as the new one.

please advise

• 7.  Re: LDAP sync command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 03:27 PM

Aamir, how come I don't see the error...hope not just me(lol). I didn't see you mention no contact with the same name...

what name you mean here? SDM uses userid for unique contact identification not use first name/last name. Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: LDAP sync command

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2017 08:55 PM

Hi Aamir,

I do not see a screenshot of the error you might attach. Could you upload it again?

Thank you,

Kaori