AnsweredAssumed Answered

Knowledge Management Document Attributes

Question asked by chris157.157 on Jun 14, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 14, 2017 by Jon_Israel

Afternoon

I am in the process of investigating the implementation of Knowledge Management for a client and need assistance with the following that I am not able to understand.

When creating a knowledge document there is a portion where you can update Document Attributes.  This allows you to complete, amongst others, the following fields:

- Assignee / Author / Owner

My questions are as follows:

1.  What is the need for these fields to be populated?  Are there other processes that run off this information that it is required and if I do not complete them, what will potentially not work.

2.  The documentation says that the Assignee field contains the contact to which the document is assigned during the current approval process task.  In the approval process that I built, I did all the assigning to Groups, yet my name appears in this block.

3.  What would happen if I changed this name to someone else?

4.  The document also says that you can have a different Owner for each step of the approval process.  In the approval process that I built, I am unable to define an owner at each step, so how is this done.

5.  Can these fields be used as variables in an approval process, allowing one to build a generic process, which is then managed by the values that are entered into these fields.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards

Chris Saunders

Outcomes