Rally Software

• 1.  email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 14, 2017 11:04 PM

I see that Rally has email notifications where in I can set my preferences, is there a way where i can set the notifications for other, like for example a defect is changed from Submitted to Open, an email should be sent to Dev team with say 5 people in it

• 2.  Re: email notifications for other team members
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:26 AM

JayaChandra,

Currently it is not possible to make a blanket rule or something users could subscribe to with regard to Notifications.  Each member will need to set up a Notification rule with these parameters.  More information about Notifications is available here, https://help.rallydev.com/set-your-notifications.

There is an Idea on Agile Central Idea Manager for allowing this to happen.  The Idea is here:

https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D293.  I would encourage you to add your comments and votes to that Idea.

Regards,

Michael

• 3.  Re: email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 19, 2017 11:20 PM

Thanks a lot Micheal, appreciate your help.

On 19 June 2017 at 19:57, bulmi01 <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:45 AM

In the meantime you might consider @ mentions as a good workaround. I've been using it extensively to get the attention of users whose notification rules aren't known. 

• 5.  Re: email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 20, 2017 01:07 PM

Hey Eric,

How to use @mentions?

On 20-Jun-2017 9:16 PM, "EricNash" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 6.  Re: email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 20, 2017 01:12 PM

You can see more about the new feature in the product announcement from last week at Product Announcement - @mentions Released . Just click the @ button in the toolbar for any text field (like Notes) in the Quick Detail Page. Hope that helps.

• 7.  Re: email notifications for other team members

Posted Jun 20, 2017 02:17 PM

Here's the help article on @mentions as well! Collaborate with Team Members | CA Agile Central Help