CA Service Management

• 1.  Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jun 14, 2017 04:53 PM

Using java function "createIncident" (com.ca.usm.ruleEngine.action.sdm.CreateIncidentAction) to propagate requests from Catalog to Service Desk, Affected End User (customer field in SDM) is filled from Catalog logged in user by default. How could we manipulate this two fields in order to set customer and requested_by attribute values in SDM based on values within Catalog form.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

JOHN

• 2.  Re: Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jun 15, 2017 02:39 AM

The the Form used by the OOB Report an Issue ( I think it's named Issue Details) offering has a few special (hidden) fields that translate to SDM attributes (you can

If have configured the SDM integration in the Catalog, you might have noticed a setting called Attributes prefix. (by default I think is ca_sdm_attr_. What this does is parses any fields in the Form and if the name of the field is prefixed with ca_sdm_attr_, then it's value is stored in the SDM Request/Incident corresponding attribute.

This means that if you modify the Form and add 2 fields ca_sdm_attr_customer and ca_sdm_attr_requestor, then the values of those form fields will be sent to SDM in order to fil in the Requestor and Affected End User.

• 3.  Re: Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jun 15, 2017 12:11 PM

Thanks for your comment Cristi Mitrana.

In fact, that was my first choice but all user or group attributes must be on UUID format. Based on this, We will first need to create a report that brings that field and then pass that value to a field inside the form.

So i'm trying to find anything simpler.

Regards,

JOHN

• 4.  Re: Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jan 09, 2018 01:07 PM

In my case the attribute ca_sdm_attr_requestor is not working. Is there a log to find out what is going on?

• 5.  Re: Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jan 10, 2018 06:39 AM

Normally you can take a look in both logs - SC and SDM to see what's wrong. But I think the problem is that for a Request/Incident, Requestor is requested_by and not requestor, so change the id of the form field and re-try.

• 6.  Re: Requested By field from SC to SDM

Posted Jan 10, 2018 08:34 AM

Yes, that was the solution for my case. Thank you very much!