Clarity

• 1.  Does it makes sense to create a domain by a query?

Posted Jun 14, 2017 06:22 PM

We have a need to have data elements across various domains.  Has anyone done this?  What are impacts?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Does it makes sense to create a domain by a query?

Posted Jun 15, 2017 02:17 AM

Yes, you can make Domain by query. However you need to maintain your domain all by yourself as they will not upgrade with clarity as OOTB domains will. So you need to analysis your requirement and if it can be fulfilled by CA Custom Domain then go with that else create a brand new domain and try to create that using tables and sub query taking care of cardinality and other rules.

• 3.  Re: Does it makes sense to create a domain by a query?

Posted Jun 18, 2017 12:51 PM

Hi julian.kim ,

Yes it make sense to create domain by a query. We have a requirement of displaying the untouched time sheets (which has never been opened). Those type of time sheets does not have record in the database and not included in the OOTB domain.

I have developed a query and created a custom domain with the query. I have developed Ad hoc view using custom domain to display the untouched time sheets.

There should not be any bad impact due to the custom domain.

Best Regards
    Shubham Bhatia

• 4.  Re: Does it makes sense to create a domain by a query?

Posted Jul 13, 2017 11:27 AM

Can't add Case statements to Domain Queries???

Interestingly, I am realizing Case statements don't allow me to get any data.  When I create the query domains without the case statement, you can see the data.  However, i get a new content error when i create a report based off a domain with a case statement