Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How To Precede "\" before Special Characters + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : /

Posted Jun 15, 2017 12:33 AM

I have a query Regarding : How to Use Regular Expression to precede any Special Character with “\” eg “(“ with ”\(“. I need to search name using solr, because solr is not accepting special character I need to append  “\”  before every  special character Like + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : / . I am using Evaluate Regular Expression assertion.  

Eg. Akash (Raj) to Akash\\(Raj\) and 

\(1\+1\)\:2

• 2.  Re: How To Precede "\" before Special Characters + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : /
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2017 12:44 PM

If I understand correctly (not that I see a question there), you want to use the regex assertion with 'match and replace' option and search string:

([\+\-\&\|\!\(\)\{\}\[\]\^\"\~\*\?\:\/\.])

with a replacement of:

\\$1

• 3.  Re: How To Precede "\" before Special Characters + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : /

Posted Jun 19, 2017 12:29 AM

I got the solution. i used the regex assertion "Evaluate Regular Expression assertion

Regex [^0-9a-zA-Z*]. replacement \\$0 (Match and Replace)and its working .

• 4.  Re: How To Precede "\" before Special Characters + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : /

Posted Jun 19, 2017 04:50 PM

In that case && would be replaced with \&& instead of \&\&, and keep in mind that $0 is the entire matched string where $1 is only the first capture group.

• 5.  Re: How To Precede "\" before Special Characters + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : /

Posted Jun 20, 2017 12:46 AM

Hi Ben,

Thanks for Reply, My Requirement Was to Replace && with \&&. that's why i used $0.