CA Service Management

• 1.  session timeout behaviour with single signon

Posted Jun 15, 2017 05:32 AM

hello,

Where you have single signon implemented in CASDM, on a session timeout it logs the user back in.  Is there anyway to change this behaviour so that it logs the session out?

thanks

• 2.  Re: session timeout behaviour with single signon

Posted Jun 15, 2017 08:50 AM

Hi Jagadish,

Here is a Tec Doc that explains how to change the LogOut URL…

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec485066.aspx

What you would want to do is maybe make a page using HTML that just saying “You’ve been logged out of CA Service Desk Manager”, and then maybe have a link on it to “Log In Again” which would point to the main URL for SDM.

That should prevent the –auto-login from occurring when they click the OK button on the session timeout because it should go to a different URL and not the logout page which has the login functionality on it.

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: session timeout behaviour with single signon

Posted Jun 16, 2017 06:31 AM

Hi John i have been playing around with this and cannot get it to redirect.  I have updated the web.cfg, including the servername .cfg (in NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www)to uncomment the 'LogoutURL http://www.ca.com' config item and it doesn't seem to re-direct to that URL. It just logs me back in after selecting okay on the session timeout prompt. 

• 4.  Re: session timeout behaviour with single signon

Posted Jun 16, 2017 07:05 AM

so further to this it seems that this only works if i select logout and NOT on a session timeout for some reason.

• 5.  Re: session timeout behaviour with single signon

Posted Jun 16, 2017 09:31 AM

the only way i can get this to work is if i customise the timeout form as follows:

ahdtop.name = "";
    alertmsg("Sorry,_your_session_has_timed_", msgtext("Press_OK_to_close_all_%1_windo", cfgProductName) );
    // Sorry, your session has timed out.
    // ahdtop.session_timeout("$prop.SID", window); 
    logout_all_windows(1);

surely i shouldn't need to do this?

• 6.  Re: session timeout behaviour with single signon

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 09:53 AM

Jagdish, if this is what you want...when timeout it does not automatically log the user right back in, then I don't see why

you shouldn't need to do this. It seems to me this is the best and simplest way. My 2cents. Thanks _Chi