CA Service Management

• 1.  Restrict certain Change Order Categories/ only close with Service Account

Posted Jun 15, 2017 02:54 PM

I'm looking for a way to only restrict Change Orders with specific Categories to only be closed by our Service Account through Process Automation.

I am able to use Change Order Transitions to detect the categories, but I'm not sure how to restrict which account can close the Change Orders.

We currently use Classic Workflow for Change Control Change Orders.  When the final workflow task is completed, a macro is used to fire Process Automation which then closes the change order with the closure code.  We do not want users doing this, we want automation to do it.

Any direction would be helpful.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Restrict certain Change Order Categories/ only close with Service Account

Posted Jun 15, 2017 03:28 PM

Hi Nicole,

I believe this would require custom spelcode because there is no way to restrict an action or status (closure) based on the user who (System user or other) is trying to take that action, and only if a certain field has certain values (category).  That really would need "if this, and this or this or this, then that" type of logic applied, which cannot be done out of the box without custom code.   There may be some folks out here on the community that have accomplished this and may be willing to share their info with you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Restrict certain Change Order Categories/ only close with Service Account
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2017 03:48 PM

Nicole, you could modify the web pages for this purpose. The two web forms will be detail_chg.htmpl and order_status_change.htmpl. For example, for detail_chg.htmpl, you can modify it to"

<PDM_IF "$args.category.sym" == "AAA">
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status whereclause="id<>6001">
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status>
    </PDM_IF>"

from "

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status>

"

here I assume the category you don't want users to close the change order is "AAA" and the id 6001 is the out

of box id for change order status "Closed". Similar change should be done for order_status_change.htmpl

This way, no one will be able to close the change order if its category is AAA, from the web interface. However,

thru PM, as it does not use web forms the specific service account will be able to close the change order.

Hope this helps. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Restrict certain Change Order Categories/ only close with Service Account

Posted Jul 07, 2017 12:03 PM

Thank you Chi!

I was able to make this work.