DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  probe not using .cfx upon restart

Posted Jun 15, 2017 10:56 AM

Fellow UIM-admin,

We are currently migrating from SysEdge to UIM. We have made a script that creates a ntservices.cfx file per server based on its sysedge.cf. And we have another LUA nas script that deploys all these ntservices.cfx files to the correct robots (via text_file_put command).

The problem is, when I restart the ntservices probe, it isn't updating its config based on the .cfx? When I manually make a SuperPackage with this cfx it works fine. Is something preventing to use this .cfx that has been edited outside a superpackage?

• 2.  Re: probe not using .cfx upon restart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 01:14 PM

Hi,

So the probe does not read in the .cfx

during the deployment process the controller takes care of this during the install package process.

I am not sure there is a manual way to have it apply the .cfx

you can make probe utility call backs and update the configuration... but I think that would be time consuming.

might be easier to install a request.cfg and have it deploy the packages you want from the distsrv.

Hope this helps

• 3.  Re: probe not using .cfx upon restart

Posted Jun 19, 2017 03:53 AM

Thanks for replying. I have a different .cfx file for each robot. Maybe I can use callbacks on the distsrv to create a SuperPackage for each one. Then rebuild by script to put a request.cfg on the robots. I'll have to look into that...

• 4.  Re: probe not using .cfx upon restart

Posted Jun 19, 2017 06:41 AM

And if you try to rename one of the .cfx files to cfg and try to deploy that?

• 5.  Re: probe not using .cfx upon restart

Posted Jun 19, 2017 11:27 AM

That is what I am going to try to do next. I need to modify my script to generate a complete .cfg instead of a .cfx.

• 6.  Re: probe not using .cfx upon restart

Posted Jun 24, 2017 03:05 PM

Hi,

Have you tried to execute _restart callback from Controller ? One thing i learned recently with the C API : The controller probe read,write and manage .cfg and .cfx file (the probe dont).

(Note: _restart will "soft-restart" the controller, this is not a complete restart). 

But that's a good problem, i will take a look Monday  

Best Regards,

Thomas