DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 15, 2017 03:27 PM

Hi Community, 

I can't remember if this is possible or not but, is there a way to search all robots and only filter/find ones that have a particular probe on them.

i.e. Searching 'HubABC' for 'url_response' probe

or

i.e. Searching 'HubABC' and 'HubDEF' for 'url_response' and 'vplex'

Regards,

-George

• 2.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 15, 2017 07:38 PM

May be "ProbeReport" under "Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin" can help?

• 3.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 16, 2017 09:36 AM

Okay let me try this and get back to you.

• 4.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 16, 2017 10:21 AM

Okay so I have never ran a probe report before but, according to the documentation: 

The command to run the script from the NSA directory is as follows:

nsa  -l Probe_audit_report.log Probe_Audit_Report.lua

There are currently 2 log levels 0 and 3 which can be set by editing the script and changing the nimbus.setloglevel line to.

As it stands right now I don't have access to the NAS. So I can't run the report.

Let me know if there is another way. I may have missed something.

• 5.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 08:44 AM

Are you using Infrastructure Manager?

If so, select 'Tools' from the top menu and then 'Find...'

You can then search for robots, hubs, or probes and add a few filters.

Hope that helps!

• 6.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 16, 2017 09:37 AM

I think I tried this already but I will try it again.

• 7.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Posted Jun 16, 2017 09:46 AM

Weird it won't let me use the find command. Yesterday when I was doing this it at lease let me use it.

• 8.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 12:32 PM

George, from the menu at the top of the IM window, click 'Tools' and then 'Find'?
    It offers different function than the binocular icon.

• 9.  Re: Can you find/display only the servers that have a particular probe(s) on them
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 16, 2017 04:53 PM

Hey yeah I just tried, there is no easy way to do this.

So I am just going to close this.