CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

• 1.  Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 19, 2017 09:11 AM

Hi,

We are using CA SDM r12.7. There are some fields in ca_owned_resource table which are not visible in WSP and also in BOXI Universe. Few of those are cost_center, purchase_order_id, requisition_id etc.

Is it because they are ITAM fields and hence not visible in WSP? If yes, how can I use them in developing a BOXI report which has other fields from ca_owned_resource table. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 2.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 19, 2017 09:40 AM

HI ChandanJ ,

Are you using CA ITAM Universe?

How to add ServiceDesk schema changes to CA Business Intelligence derived universe? 

Regards

• 3.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2017 03:04 PM

Chandan, out of box, schema for those are not available in SDM. So in order to make them available for SDM Boxi universe and WSP, you would need to add them to the schema. For example, this statement in a maj file in NX_ROOT\site\mods\majic will add the purchase_order_id,requisition_id and cost_center to the schema of nr:

OBJECT nr {
    ATTRIBUTES usp_owned_resource SECONDARY {
      purchase_order_id STRING 20;

requisition_id STRING 50;

cost_center integer SREF ca_resource_cost_center;
    };
    };

Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:17 AM

Hi Chi,

Thanks for the information. Do we have to add this code in any existing mod or maj file or create a new one? Please confirm.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 5.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 20, 2017 05:21 AM

Another question Chi. These fields are from ca_owned_resource table. So should we use 'ca_owned_resource' table name in the code instead of 'usp_owned_resource' which you have mentioned? Also, it would be helpful if you could provide the steps to add this code.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 6.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:17 AM

Chandan, you would need to use usp_owned_resource in the maj file. The reason is this is SDM("usp_") schema, not overall ca("ca_") thing. These are the steps you would need to follow:

1. create a maj file in NX_ROOT\site\mods\majic folder,--for example, itamsdm.maj--with the statements I mentioned.

Please notice that this is just an example statement for those 3 fields you mentioned and you could add more to it.

2. recycle SDM...after this, they will be available in WSP right away. and for boxi sdm universe, you still need to follow

the standard procedure to add them to the universe, but these fields are available for you to add now.

Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 22, 2017 05:11 AM

Hi Chi,

Thanks for the detailed procedure. I did add the maj file and recycled the services. However, domsrvr process is getting stopped and not starting. In the code you provided, should it be "SREF" or "SREL"? I tried with SREL also but having same issue. Can you please tell me what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 8.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2017 10:13 AM

Chandan, sorry made a mistake...it should be "cost_center SREL ca_resource_cost_center;" that is, "integer" should not be there and SREF should be SREL. Thanks _Chi

• 9.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 26, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Chi,

I corrected the code and recycled services. Still facing same issue - domsrvr process stops and doesn't start. Below is the .maj file code that I have:

OBJECT nr {
    ATTRIBUTES usp_owned_resource SECONDARY {
      purchase_order_id STRING 20;

requisition_id STRING 50;

cost_center SREL ca_resource_cost_center;
    };
    };

Please help.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 10.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2017 09:44 AM

Chandan, what a silly mistake I made....please change "

cost_center SREL ca_resource_cost_center;

" to "

cost_center SREL cost_cntr;

"

and add 8 empty line after the last line(};). And then recycle SDM. Thanks _Chi

• 11.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jun 27, 2017 05:11 AM

Hi Chi,

That worked

Thanks a lot for your prompt responses and help in getting this done.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 12.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jul 18, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi Chi,

I imported these fields in to BOXI universe and when I am trying to use them in the report I am getting error that "Column cost_center not found in table nr_usp". I am getting this error for all three fields. Do you know why it is giving error? Can you please help? Please find below the screenshot of the error.

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 13.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 03:51 PM

Chandan, cost_center should be in ca_owned_resource table but the error said table nr_usp. I quickly checked the mdb

and I don't see such a table. Your product version is 12.7 but I don't think that should make a difference(I don't have a 12.7 now). Can you check your mdb to see if you have such a table nr_usp?  And your SDM BOXI universe has such

a table? Thanks _Chi

• 14.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Posted Jul 21, 2017 03:09 AM

Hi Chi,

There is no such table nr_usp in our SDM as well as in BOXI universe. I also don't know why it is giving this error. Is it because cost_center is present in ca_owned_resource table but we have used usp_owned_resource in the majic file?

Thanks,

Chandan Joshi

• 15.  Re: Some fields from ca_owned_resource table are not visible in WSP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 11:12 AM

Chandan, for SDM, usp_owned_resource should be the one in majic and the fact that you can use them in WSP says

the schema is fine. The error itself does not make sense to me. I suggest you open a Support case to look further. Thanks _Chi