CA Service Management

• 1.  Why only are the knowledge attachment and Image type Repository Archive fields gray out

Posted Jun 19, 2017 08:18 PM

I would like to know why only are the knowledge attachment and Image type Repository Archive fields gray out out of the box.

Even when I create a new knowledge attachment or Image type Repository the archive fields are still gray out.

Does that mean this knowledge attachment or Image type Repository don't support Archive and Purge activities unlike service desk attachment type.

• 2.  Re: Why only are the knowledge attachment and Image type Repository Archive fields gray out

Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:16 AM

Hi,

this is just my opinion and i'm not sure about it, but:

- there is no archive and purge procedure for Knowledge Documents and regarding to SDM policy there is no way to purge attachments separatly keeping parent object unarchived;

- as image format like jpeg or gif are already compressed and additional archivation could give only 1-3% of size advantage, so archiving them is not necessary.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: Why only are the knowledge attachment and Image type Repository Archive fields gray out

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:30 AM

Hi Cdtj,

I think you are right since. I will assume it answered. 

Since after about a week I still can't get much output from configuring it.