Datacom

• 1.  Datacom Server connection failure

Posted Jun 19, 2017 02:24 PM

Datacom Server (Read Only) connection failure.

We have a read/write server and a read only server, we can connect to the read/write but get login failed on read only server.

Only change was applying z/OS 2.2 prereq maintenance and an IPL.

We temp removed the logon requirement and connections are working, but need RCA for this ussue.

Anyone have similar issues ?

• 2.  Re: Datacom Server connection failure

Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:21 AM

We had a situation where an application stopped being able to sign on after maintenance and an IPL.  It was a while ago. If I'm remembering right, it didn't include Datacom maintenance, either.  We found that an application, which had been able to sign in through the server, was no longer able to. It was passing lower case values in the password and this was no longer matching the upper case password stored in RACF.  We added the FORCEUPPER=Y input parameter to the server and the application is able to sign in, with the lower case password being forced into upper case. 

• 3.  Re: Datacom Server connection failure

Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:26 AM

Thanks Tom, I will check with the developers and test this.

• 4.  Re: Datacom Server connection failure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:38 PM

Hi Mark,

We in CA Support are also researching your situation via your Datacom Server case 775595 and CCIMVS case 776791. Please let us know if FORCEUPPER has any bearing.

Thanks, Pat

• 5.  Re: Datacom Server connection failure

Posted Jun 20, 2017 03:43 PM

I have a pc based tool and tried lower and upper case and neither worked.

I also could not find any reference to FORCEUPPER in the Datacom Server manuals, nor any ODBC configuration, so I am not sure where you would use this option.

Other mainframe logins are successful with lower case.

Thanks,

Mark.

• 6.  Re: Datacom Server connection failure

Posted Jun 23, 2017 03:16 PM

what is the connection error? 

You mentioned an IPL, which makes me ask, was your DB Server software in a dynamically installed linklist or APF library that was not added to the IPL parms?