Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

I think the Retry mechanism in the Route Via HTTPS assertion is not working as expected.

• 1.  I think the Retry mechanism in the Route Via HTTPS assertion is not working as expected.

Posted Jun 20, 2017 07:29 AM

I have configured the Route assertion as,the Connection Timeout as 20000 ms and Maximum Retry as 3.
    As per the CA documentation, if the connection to the target system gets timeout it would needs to retry for 3 times apart from the starting call and need to get the time out response at 80000ms.

But I can see the CA policy returns the timeout error at just 10295ms. So can you please clarify whether the retry is happening or not ?

• 2.  Re: I think the Retry mechanism in the Route Via HTTPS assertion is not working as expected.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 06:19 PM

Good afternoon,

The connection timeout that is set in the HTTP Routing assertion is only the amount of time that the gateway will wait for a response. Devices between the gateway and the servers being connected to may have different connection timeouts that may be far more aggressive. Recommend that you gather a network dump at the gateway to see what the network is doing.

Some notes:

1) If you are doing posts through the HTTP routing, we recommend setting the retries to 0

2) For environments that have a very low SLA we recommend that the connection timeout be less than 500 ms

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support