CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

• 1.  ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jun 20, 2017 06:17 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Team 

In customers environment the DEV release of CA Asset Portfolio Management (Release: 14.1.2.274 ) differs from the QA and PROD releases(Release: 14.1.0.57 )

This release version has "Environment Promotion" on the Administration TAB which is NOT on the QA and PROD environments. Customer cannot find any patches on the server or history as to what patch has been applied.

I asked customer to check under the Add/Remove programs feature in Windows Control panel but there is does not show 14.x installed at all but shows 12.9 only. I was told there is a fix to rectify this. 

Can someone please advise on the fix number or offer any advise in terms of version / feature differences. 

Regards, 
    Kaveek

• 2.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:19 AM

Hi Kaveek

I believe the fix is 14.1.03 (RO91083). I have this installed on my test system, I have the "Environment Promotion" option and the version in the "About" link says 14.1.2.274.

Steve

• 3.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:22 AM

Hi Steve

Thanks for the response. Will request the fix for the customer's environment. 

Regards, 
    Kaveek

• 4.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

• 5.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jun 26, 2017 01:07 PM

Patches for ITAM / CA Asset Portfolio management are listed in the Control Panel->Programs and Features->View installed updates link.

• 6.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 07, 2017 05:39 AM

Hi Carol 

What if the customer does not see the ITAM / APM patches listed here as well? 

I was told there is a fix to rectify this behaviour but do not find anything. Can you please advise? 

Regards, 
    Kaveek

• 7.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 07, 2017 04:08 PM

Hi Jimmy, 

If you do not see the patches listed in the control panel, under 'view installed updates', then either the patch is not installed, OR, the server is not permitted to display the installed updates. 

See this technical document on how to modify the registry so the patch update is visible: 

After applying any CA Asset Portfolio Management prerequisite, cumulative or test fix patch, the patch level is not disp…  

Best Regards

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies

• 8.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 10, 2017 05:35 AM

Thanks Gale .. exactly what I was looking for. 

Regards, 
    Kaveek

• 9.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 17, 2017 08:58 AM

Hey All 

Okay so what if the customer followed the TechDoc and it still does not display the correct version details? Are there any further steps to carry out from a L1 perspective or does a Defect need to be created? 

• 10.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 17, 2017 01:52 PM

Hi Kaveek,

I cannot tell the complete path to the registry entry above, but make sure the 'wow6432Node' is in the path, and make sure to close regedit (so the entry is saved).  then close and reopen the control panel to view -> programs -> programs and features -> view installed updates again. 

Let me know how this goes. 

• 11.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 21, 2017 05:41 AM

Hi Gale 

Have confirmed the 'wow6432Node' is in the path, and he has closed and reopened Control Panel but the behaviour remains the same. 

Are there any further steps we can take from a Level1 perspective or should I open a Defect for this? 

Regards, 
    Kaveek

• 12.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 21, 2017 11:58 AM

Hi Jimmy,  

Is he logged into the server with a user id that has permissions to edit (& save the registry)?  Have you closed the registry and reopened it to confirm the setting?   Reboot and then try to view control panel again? 

You will ONLY see the CA Asset Portfolio Management 14.1 application listed under --> control panel - programs - programs and features (not under view installed updates)

IF a test fix patch is applied, then you have to go to 'view installed updates' to see a 'Txxxxxx' patch number (or similar). 

This is the first I've heard of this problem with control panel.  Many other customers use this setting without a problem.  I don't believe the defect is with our application. 

But perhaps with the windows operating system.  Try obtaining the exact Windows operating system release/level and search for any known issues. 

• 13.  Re: ITAM Patches - version mismatch via control panel

Posted Jul 25, 2017 01:06 PM

The correct entry for patches applied are found in Control Panel->Programs and Features->View installed updates.

If your expected patches are not present then you will follow the tecdoc provided earlier by Gale.

If still the patches do not show then they were not applied correctly or at all.