Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

BPM-0704: An error occurred while executing custom script: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1:

• 1.  BPM-0704: An error occurred while executing custom script: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1:

Posted Jun 19, 2017 11:53 PM

Hi,

We have upgraded from 13.3 to 15.2 in test environment.And as part of regression testing we are checking if each process is executing or not.One of the process which takes cost plan data from clarity and upload into excel.Earlier in 13.3 we had issue with the same step it was because of string limitation of sql and it got solved by breaking the sql and joining in the end before placing in the excel.But now the same step is getting failed with the below error:

CPFM :: Process: ATT FDW Daily Outbounds - Initiated Process Messages

Still i am clueless why this issue is getting when upgraded.

If anyone have any thoughts on this please let me know

Thanks in Advance

• 2.  Re: BPM-0704: An error occurred while executing custom script: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1:
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 20, 2017 09:34 AM

For more specific/precise assistance we can probably follow-up through the support ticket you raised on this subject.

In general terms: since the version you were on previously, which (if left unchecked) allowed custom configurations to make such huge demands on the system that they could essentially break it and cause an outage, a number of 'governor' properties have been added to put a cap or limit on how much data can be consumed in one go.

For On-Premise customers, the location of the file that has most of these controls can be found at $NIKU_HOME/config/governors.properties

E.g for the default value on this particular setting:

#Maximum GEL rows allowed
    MAX_SQL_GEL_ROWS=100000

So it would seem you are running a query in your process that is taking more than 100k rows at a time - quite an excessive burden for both the application and database - and could benefit from being refactored with a loop and pagination.

For the short term, you may want to raise the value temporarily in the properties file and restart your bg services.

However I would stress that this should only be for the short term - I would say that as inconvenient the governors might seem, the amount of outages that occur due to careless configurations has been reduced significantly since their appearance.

• 3.  Re: BPM-0704: An error occurred while executing custom script: org.apache.commons.jelly.JellyException: null:-1:-1:

Posted Jun 22, 2017 12:04 AM

Hi Nick,

It was very usefull information and that solve the problem we are facing.
    Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
    Now this case can be marked as closed.

Regards,
    Shanti Swaroop kala